Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Problem getting UA silver status with Marriott Titanium status

Problem getting UA silver status with Marriott Titanium status

Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:16 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,151
Problem getting UA silver status with Marriott Titanium status

Hi,
I have Marriott Titanium status and I am trying to get UA silver status with it, which is one of the Titanium benefits.

In order to do the status match, I went to the status match website (fly-united.marriott.com) and submitted the required information including my UA account number.

However, nothing happened afterwards and my UA status did not change for days.

So I went to the status match website again to see if there was any update there, and when I clicked on the register button again on the website, it said my UA number was not found and it asked me to enter my UA number again and re-submit the status match.

I thought that was strange, but nevertheless I double checked the UA account number I was entering was correct this time, and re-submitted the status match.

Unfortunately the same error happened again afterwards where it said my UA number was not found again.

Obviously the error message is not correct because I did enter the correct UA account number and my UA number is a valid number.

It seems I am stuck with this error where the status match website keeps saying my UA account number was not found even though I am entering the correct account information.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here?
Any similar experiences?
agjil is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:50 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,428
I have no idea, but I would try registering with the Marriott link.

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/

For future reference, both the UA and Marriott links can be found in the wiki here.

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership
margarita girl is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:32 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 14,628
Originally Posted by agjil (Post # 1)
In order to do the status match, I went to the status match website (fly-united.marriott.com) and submitted the required information including my UA account number. . . .
Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post # 2)
I have no idea, but I would try registering with the Marriott link.

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/
It seems clear that the original poster (OP) did indeed use the correct link.

I would only add that this sort of issue seems to recur every March. I suspect Marriott information technology (IT) plays a role in all of this.

Hopefully it will clear itself up in a few weeks.
SPN Lifer is online now  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:56 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,428
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It seems clear that the original poster (OP) did indeed use the correct link.

I would only add that this sort of issue seems to recur every March. I suspect Marriott information technology (IT) plays a role in all of this.

Hopefully it will clear itself up in a few weeks.
Incorrect info deleted.

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 6, 2023 at 1:35 am
margarita girl is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:41 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco.
Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Posts: 1,844
Originally Posted by margarita girl
There are 2 links, one with UA, one with Marriott. Either can be used.
Do you have a link to the UA link?

Cannot find it ,

Thanks,
tattikat2 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:57 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,428
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Do you have a link to the UA link?

Cannot find it ,

Thanks,
Incorrect info deleted.

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 6, 2023 at 1:35 am Reason: Incorrect info
margarita girl is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:19 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 10,855
Somehow I was on the same boat as OP, I could never get my UAMP account attached to Marriott. You need to contact Marriott and they will open a case and manually upgrade you. It takes 7 days or so.
SPN Lifer and dw like this.
nacho is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:54 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco.
Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Posts: 1,844
Originally Posted by margarita girl
As I mentioned in post #2, this information is available in the wiki of the United Mileage Plus thread where this thread will probably (should) be moved.

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership - FlyerTalk Forums

Here are the links. Both work to register your Ti or Amb account.

UA: www.united.com/rewardsplus
MAR: https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/
Thank you for your reply, however,
Sorry to be dumb but the UA link has nothing to do with linking a Ti account to UA to receive Silver status

Its only seems to deal with linking UA gold +etc to Marriott status.
SPN Lifer likes this.
tattikat2 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:55 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco.
Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Posts: 1,844
deleted
tattikat2 is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:33 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,428
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Thank you for your reply, however,
Sorry to be dumb but the UA link has nothing to do with linking a Ti account to UA to receive Silver status

Its only seems to deal with linking UA gold +etc to Marriott status.
No, youre right. I could have sworn there was a way to register through UA as well. Ill delete the link until I look at this further.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:47 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
Posts: 4,598
I would guess it has to do with name matching, but mine seems to work even though my Marriott account has FIRST LAST and my United account has FIRSTMIDDLE LAST.
ElevatorEnthusiast is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:18 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 10,855
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I would guess it has to do with name matching, but mine seems to work even though my Marriott account has FIRST LAST and my United account has FIRSTMIDDLE LAST.
It shouldn't be an issue - they might need more time to verify other information.
nacho is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2023, 5:01 am
  #13  
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Posts: 1,027
Originally Posted by agjil
Hi,
I have Marriott Titanium status and I am trying to get UA silver status with it, which is one of the Titanium benefits.

In order to do the status match, I went to the status match website (fly-united.marriott.com) and submitted the required information including my UA account number.

However, nothing happened afterwards and my UA status did not change for days.

So I went to the status match website again to see if there was any update there, and when I clicked on the register button again on the website, it said my UA number was not found and it asked me to enter my UA number again and re-submit the status match.

I thought that was strange, but nevertheless I double checked the UA account number I was entering was correct this time, and re-submitted the status match.

Unfortunately the same error happened again afterwards where it said my UA number was not found again.

Obviously the error message is not correct because I did enter the correct UA account number and my UA number is a valid number.

It seems I am stuck with this error where the status match website keeps saying my UA account number was not found even though I am entering the correct account information.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here?
Any similar experiences?
Dear agjil,

If you can send a private message to us with your UA member number, Marriott Bonvoy member number, full name, recorded email address and a past stay details (hotel name and stay dates) for account verification purpose, we would be pleased to check on it for you.

Best regards,

Carrie L
Specialist Social Media Care
Marriott International
[email protected]
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.