Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brands with Self-Service Laundry Rooms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

I thought only the extended stay brands (Residence, TownePlace, Element, Executive Apartments and Homes and Villas) had self-service laundry rooms as a brand standard. But it seems most, if not all Courtyards have them as well, at least in the USA? How about Fairfield and SpringHill?
hotelboy likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Explore
I thought only the extended stay brands (Residence, TownePlace, Element, Executive Apartments and Homes and Villas) had self-service laundry rooms as a brand standard. But it seems most, if not all Courtyards have them as well, at least in the USA? How about Fairfield and SpringHill?
I am not sure it is a "brand standard", but the Springhill Suites that I have stayed at do have self serve laundry. Not much experience with Fairfield.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Fairfield I use in Orlando, always has a laundry room.

Weirdly, the Toronto Airport Marriott, used to have a laundry room (with free detergent), but I think that has now changed.

I have a stay in the Sheraton Pittsburgh airport later this year, and they still have a laundry room.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
There is a lot of inconsistency here.

For example, the Westin in Mammoth Lakes, California has self-service laundry. Every room also has a full kitchen as well.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Xero
There is a lot of inconsistency here.

For example, the Westin in Mammoth Lakes, California has self-service laundry. Every room also has a full kitchen as well.
Mammoth, being a resort, is a bit different.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Not brand standard, but the LAX Marriiott had a laundry room last time I was there.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I've never seen a list of which Marriott Bonvoy brands have self-service washers and dryers (either free or coin-operated) as a brand standard.

The best brands for do-it-yourself laundry are Marriott Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, and Westin Vacation Club. It varies by location, but one-bedroom and larger units typically have a washer and dryer in the unit, while studios typically have access to laundry rooms with free washers and dryers. (This is not necessarily true for Marriott Vacation Club Pulse properties.)

Every Residence Inn in the United States at which I've stayed has had a self-service laundry room. None of the hotels of any Marriott Bonvoy brand I've stayed at in Europe or Asia have had one -- not even Moxy hotels in the UK.

Full-service hotels in the United States sometimes have a laundry room, but many don't.

To me, convenient self-service laundry is a major benefit. It can even be a reason to pick one hotel over another. When we take a three-week vacation, we don't want to pack clothing for three weeks. We'd prefer not to use a laundry service, whether it's the hotel's own service or an outside service. (We've had clothes ruined.)

Last edited by Horace; Mar 4, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Horace
None of the hotels of any Marriott Bonvoy brand I've stayed at in Europe or Asia have had one -- not even Moxy hotels in the UK.

To me, convenient self-service laundry is a major benefit for longer trips. It can even be a reson to pick one hotel over another. When we take a three-week vacation, we don't want to pack clothing for three weeks. We'd prefer not to use a laundry service, whether it's the hotel's own service or an outside service. (We've had clothes ruined.)
Agreed, self service laundry is a welcome amenity. And coincidentally just today I was looking at a property in Europe that apparently has self-service laundry: the Aloft in Madrid.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Answ...s_for_use.html

It’s listed on their website, too, under Featured Amenities, but sadly they don’t make it clear that it’s is self-service:

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...-via/overview/
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Pre-SPG merger, I used to do laundry on a regular basis when I traveled, and IME, all limited service brands (CY, FI, RI, TPS, SHS) in North America I stayed at always had self-service laundry. Full service hotels were hit or miss, with a lot more misses than hits. Also, limited service hotels outside NA usually didn't have self-service laundry. But I do fondly remember the Cedar Rapids Marriott having 50 cents washing and 50 cents drying, which was 25% of the price the units in my then-apartment building charged. Finally in 2018, I moved into an apartment that had an in-unit washer and dryer, so I don't know about the pre-merger SPG brands.
hedoman and KRSW like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

It’s very hard to find this info online. Every hotel says they have “laundry”. Usually meaning $5 and up for each item relinquished for the entire day and sometimes night.

Expedia has a filter for self-service laundry, but doesn’t bring up many properties that have it…at least in major cities where the property may not want to advertise this amenity.
yscleo likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Make your way to Lodi and the Fairfield Inn has a no charge self serve. I'll stay at RC or Marriott residences only because they have in suite w/d.
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by rtpflyer
Not brand standard, but the LAX Marriiott had a laundry room last time I was there.
I remember doing my laundry there before the last leg of my trip home. Thought I would save time by not having to do laundry once I get home.

I was wrong. When I got home, I noticed that my clothes had some kind of odor that resembled another person's so I had to rewash them. Oh well!
Old Mar 5, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Horace
None of the hotels of any Marriott Bonvoy brand I've stayed at in Europe or Asia have had one
To my delight, I just saw that the Four Points Seoul Station seems to have a coin laundry facility - something I don't usually need but which will be welcome half-way through a 3 week trip later this year.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
In the US, almost every hotel in which I've stayed has a self-service laundry. Alas, it may be hidden in the bowels of the hotel, but I cannot recall ever being told that they hotel doesn't have a self-service laundry facility.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
To be honest, I don't think that self-service laundry is "brand standard" in the sense that the franchise contract includes an obligation to offer (working) self-service laundry.

There are, of course, many many hotels - especially longer-stay brands - who make sure to offer the facility to their guests. But I think you need to do your own research for the places you are likely to be.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.