Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Q: Does Lounge/breakfast no longer apply to Autograph Collection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q: Does Lounge/breakfast no longer apply to Autograph Collection?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It would be helpful if someone from Marriott could confirm that the Triada Palm Springs lied when saying Autograph Collection properties no longer are subject to the Guaranteed Lounge Access benefit as of January 1 2023.
No one from Marriott is going to confirm that. But you already know the answer.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Herb687
(Redacted multiple OT personal attacks in quoted post)
If you believe that calling out your sensationalist post signature (hard to miss since it's in all-caps) is a personal attack, then perhaps you shouldn't have it as your post signature?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
No one from Marriott is going to confirm that. But you already know the answer.
I'm not sure why you are so sure of that. But it really seems unnecessary to hijack the thread to devolve into such unhelpful squabbles.

Yes, I already know the answer. But it would provide me a sense of smug self-righteousness which is bluntly all one can reasonably expect in this situation. Its an internet forum about hotels, and a complaint about breakfast. One can both recognize the hotel acted poorly, and not see it as requiring a lawsuit. I think most of us on here recognize that, and also the value of sharing when a hotel doesn't play by the rules.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'm not sure why you are so sure of that.
I don't recall any examples of Marriott publicly admitting that one of its properties lied.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I don't recall any examples of Marriott publicly admitting that one of its properties lied.
Thank you. I think it may be best for everyone if you just left the thread
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. I think it may be best for everyone if you just left the thread
Why is that?

All of my posts on this thread have been responsive and on-topic. I suggested one course of action to try to get resolution from the offending hotel. You don't want to take that course of action. That's fine. Doesn't make my suggestion/contribution wrong or inappropriate.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Why is that?

All of my posts on this thread have been responsive and on-topic. I suggested one course of action to try to get resolution from the offending hotel. You don't want to take that course of action. That's fine. Doesn't make my suggestion/contribution wrong or inappropriate.
​​​​​​I don't think anyone is suggesting your initial suggestion was the problem but the continued arguments with everyone else on the thread does not seem productive for any involved parties. And I think that it is clear that is what the problem is, and I find it difficult to believe you don't recognize that.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

​​​​​​I don't think anyone is suggesting your initial suggestion was the problem but the continued arguments with everyone else on the thread does not seem productive for any involved parties. And I think that it is clear that is what the problem is.
One other thing: while it may not be responsive solely to your feud with this particular lying, slimeball property in PSP, I offered some excellent advice for FTers in many situations:
...my standard advice to never, ever contact Lurkers off this website in a way that Bonvoy can tie FT handles to real names and account information...
That advice was good enough that it merits posting again.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

One other thing: while it may not be responsive solely to your feud with this particular lying, slimeball property in PSP, I offered some excellent advice for FTers in many situations:

That advice was good enough that it merits posting again.

We all saw it the first time and respectfully disagree. Again, please do not hijack this thread.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We all saw it the first time and respectfully disagree.
I'm happy that at least one other poster found it helpful.
finarg likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:12 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
As the OPs topic has been asked, answered and discussed, and the thread is devolving, I’ll go ahead and close the thread.

Thank you,
yosithezet
Co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.