Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Tokyo Ginza, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Hotel Tokyo Ginza, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:42 pm

anyone know if they offer airport shuttle service?

If so, what are the costs if any? Is there a set schedule?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Azncapcom
anyone know if they offer airport shuttle service?

If so, what are the costs if any? Is there a set schedule?
There is the airport limousine bus that stops at the Courtyard next door
https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/Top.aspx
Old Aug 19, 2023, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Does anyone here have the email to this hotel?
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does anyone here have the email to this hotel?
Found this one on hotel's FB
[email protected]
lsquare and vg247 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called the hotel since I couldnt find the email address. The rep basically told me the rules and urged me to pay for another night so that Ill have a room. I said no thanks. I'll just hang around Haneda and Tokyo until check-in time then.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:48 pm

Kinda annoying, but there was no extra door between the shower area and the rest of the room in the base king room. Worse yet, there's a big mirror perfectly positioned for the rest of the room. I don't know which voyeur designed it but I digress. Otherwise, the hotel was pretty good. Breakfast is above average. Our room faced the street and street noise was a bit of an issue.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:01 am

Programs: BA
Just checking rates for this hotel for the summer and seems that everything has been zeroed out starting May 5. Anyone know why?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hakzai
Just checking rates for this hotel for the summer and seems that everything has been zeroed out starting May 5. Anyone know why?
For hotel in Japan, some only load rate as late as 3 months out only.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked the rates at this place since Im staying a few blocks away at the moment in Shimbashi area. They want $500 a night?

Unless youre getting a corporate rate you can assuredly do better than the AC or Courtyard in the area for less than half the price. Book a Japanese chain hotel like Villa Fontaine Shiodome (free drinks in the lobby every evening for every guest) or Mitsui Garden or The Park Hotels. All give you a much better value right now in Tokyo than Bonvoy which seems to endeavor to rip off chain loyal foreigners with their pricing in Japan these days.
lsquare, partickboy and puchong like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I just checked the rates at this place since Im staying a few blocks away at the moment in Shimbashi area. They want $500 a night?

Unless youre getting a corporate rate you can assuredly do better than the AC or Courtyard in the area for less than half the price. Book a Japanese chain hotel like Villa Fontaine Shiodome (free drinks in the lobby every evening for every guest) or Mitsui Garden or The Park Hotels. All give you a much better value right now in Tokyo than Bonvoy which seems to endeavor to rip off chain loyal foreigners with their pricing in Japan these days.
What kind of drinks are offered? Do any of those hotels offer a decent breakfast at a good rate? Relatively cheap to get a late check-out?

I've stayed at the AC twice last year and enjoyed my stay.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
What kind of drinks are offered? Do any of those hotels offer a decent breakfast at a good rate? Relatively cheap to get a late check-out?

In a city like tokyo where breakfast isn't difficult to get. I also feel $500+ for AC, Courtyard and aloft are a rip-off. And some Japanese business hotel do offer decent breakfast.

I am just lucky I have Corp rate for the aloft in Tokyo, if not I will be forced to look outside the system as well.
jaro likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shevboyz
In a city like tokyo where breakfast isn't difficult to get. I also feel $500+ for AC, Courtyard and aloft are a rip-off. And some Japanese business hotel do offer decent breakfast.

I am just lucky I have Corp rate for the aloft in Tokyo, if not I will be forced to look outside the system as well.
I like the feeling of just going downstairs for food rather than changing and going outside to find a restaurant.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Stayed there last April. The breakfast was rather good. Lots of choices. First night free or $10 pp per day credit. So breakfast was reasonable.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They offer wine, beer, sparkling and soft drinks. Breakfast is fine, eggs, Japanese stuff and coffee. You can pay for a late checkout with the savings youve got by not staying at a Bonvoy in Tokyo.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
My partner and I have just checked in for one night; we spent 59k points; the cash rate was 121000JPY which is 800USD! The hotel is nice but not worth the cash rate at all; our corporate rate gives usually 15% discount and for later dates in April it's still 500USD/night!
vg247 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.