Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, AK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:16 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown

1 Review | 100% Recommended

5060 A Street Anchorage, AK US 99503

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown [Master Thread] (6 Photos)

Overall

Anchorage has many properties. This property is convenient for those without a car that want the free shuttle option that many of the Midtown hotels offer.

Also free parking is more available in this area.

The staff was overall friendly.

Check In

The check in was a little bit problematic because the electronic key was not working and the room key coding computer had an issue. It took about 10 minutes to sort out.

My ambassador status was recognized. I do not think I received any upgraded room. I actually am note sure if they have any, beyond higher floor rooms.

The hotel is a fairly quick shuttle ride from the airport. You must call them at the hotel's main number to get the shuttle organized. It takes about 10-15 to arrive at the airport if there is not already one on its way. It is a shared shuttle branded as the Crowne Plaza (which is right next to the Fairfield Inn). It also serves the Motel 6 and another hotel. To meet the bus you need to go out of exit 6 at the same level as baggage claim and cross the first road to the median.

Midtown has a lot of its own restaurants. Anchorage is very spread out so be prepared to walk and be careful in winter as it can be slippery. We walked one time to downtown. However, this is about a 1 hr 20 min walk. It was our first time in Anchorage so I enjoyed the walk. We took a 13 USD Uber back to the hotel.

43FA50F7-513A-4C5C-BC95-9BA6ED184F7C.jpeg

Room

I do not regularly stay at this brand, so I am not sure about the brand consistency.

Overall we were fine with the room.

134F04B6-2C98-48C3-B52F-232EF28BE8FD.jpeg

The beds were fine. There were plenty of outlets for charging up.

1747C9E8-3842-458C-AEA1-8BD277792E1B.jpeg

The mini-bar fridge was quite sizeable. The ironing board and iron were in good condition.8D912C19-62AE-4464-8EC7-5152B46344F3.jpeg

The desk had an outlet in the lamp and was overall functional. I do not like this very basic coffee maker, but it seemed to be the standard in many of the US hotels at which we stayed.7C2C7A09-6139-4979-808B-352C38B39CF8.jpeg

The bathroom had plenty of counter space.DC41878A-BD0C-4856-A477-445EAF2E2B9F.jpeg

The multiple-use bottles were welcomed and were in contrast with the breakfast concerning sustainability.

Dining

Earlier in our trip we had stayed at a Fairfield Inn in Key West, Florida. We were a bit shocked by all the plastic, packaging and single-use items that were presented at breakfast. We assumed this was not a brand thing, but a Florida solution.

Unfortunately at this hotel in Alaska it was the same - plastic cutlery, single use plates, etc. I do not really understand why the brand does this - it not only cheapens the experience but is completely unsustainable.

The breakfast was as bad at this hotel as the other Fairfield Inns at which I stayed - barely edible. I remember the eggs being cold.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown [Master Thread]

Would you like to write a review on the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown?

No, thank you.
Yes
lamphs likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for sharing your review of this property. Most tourists wouldn’t be staying here if they didn’t have a car as it’s not close to downtown and the bus options are somewhat limited from midtown so walking in the wintertime is out of the question.

I would recommend the Aloft next time for a lower budget option and is more pedestrian friendly to downtown locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.