Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Anchorage Downtown - Alaska [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Category 4. Opening August '19. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ancfp-four-points-anchorage-downtown/

"
Four Points by Sheraton Anchorage Downtown is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Anchorage, just steps from the 5th Avenue Mall and more. We're a preferred hotel of the Dena'ina Convention center and conveniently located near the top things to do in Anchorage. Four Points Anchorage is as close to the action as you can get. "
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone stayed here????

i'm booked here in late october for a 3 night stay....if the covid situation is better by then & quarantine rules have eased up then i will travel....would be nice to read a few reviews from people who have stayed here....
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone stayed here????

i'm booked here in late october for a 3 night stay....if the covid situation is better by then & quarantine rules have eased up then i will travel....would be nice to read a few reviews from people who have stayed here....
I would be curious as well since the Sheraton on the other side of downtown is a bit ... dated.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I would be curious as well since the Sheraton on the other side of downtown is a bit ... dated.
i walked past this property when i was last there in november 2019....it hadn't opened yet but looked nice....also pretty convenient in terms of location....
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 5:49 pm

Location: Everywhere & Nowhere - living in hotels worldwide 365
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat/IC Amb, Hyatt Globalist, GHA Plat
I stayed there for several nights in late March. COVID restrictions had just recently started, so the kitchen was closed. In addition they were only using the ground floor, keeping the upper floors closed due to low occupancy. The property had recently undergone an extensive renovation. The rooms are mini-suites, with a fridge and wet bar outside the bathroom and those two areas separating the bedroom from a small living area. The living room had a couch (pull-out bed?), chair, and coffee table and it was nice to be able to stretch out in the extra space. These aren't big suites like an Embassy Suites or a nice big executive suite, but the extra space and second TV was nice.

The fitness room was technically closed, but the GM was allowing individuals to use the fitness room one at a time (or couples could go together). It was nice that she did that especially when the weather got bad a couple times. The fitness center is actually pretty spacious, but beyond the three treadmills, I honestly don't remember what else was in there. (Sorry.)

I've also stayed at the Sheraton, and as mentioned above, it is quite long in the tooth. The Marriott Downtown is much bigger and had some renovations done in the last 2 years. The restaurants, lounges, fitness rooms at both, and the pool at the Marriott are currently closed.

FWIW, the city of Anchorage just reinstated COVID restrictions last week (early Aug). Hotel kitchens are closed again, and restaurants are limited to takeout and delivery only. There are a couple places offering "dine in" but that's because they have outdoor seating. Eating indoors at restaurants is not permitted. If you need groceries the Four Points is only a few blocks walk from New Sagaya City Market. Dark Horse Coffee nearby the hotel has great quiche for breakfast, and they also have a few tables out on the sidewalk.
Keyser and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo
I stayed there for several nights in late March. COVID restrictions had just recently started, so the kitchen was closed. In addition they were only using the ground floor, keeping the upper floors closed due to low occupancy. The property had recently undergone an extensive renovation. The rooms are mini-suites, with a fridge and wet bar outside the bathroom and those two areas separating the bedroom from a small living area. The living room had a couch (pull-out bed?), chair, and coffee table and it was nice to be able to stretch out in the extra space. These aren't big suites like an Embassy Suites or a nice big executive suite, but the extra space and second TV was nice.

The fitness room was technically closed, but the GM was allowing individuals to use the fitness room one at a time (or couples could go together). It was nice that she did that especially when the weather got bad a couple times. The fitness center is actually pretty spacious, but beyond the three treadmills, I honestly don't remember what else was in there. (Sorry.)

I've also stayed at the Sheraton, and as mentioned above, it is quite long in the tooth. The Marriott Downtown is much bigger and had some renovations done in the last 2 years. The restaurants, lounges, fitness rooms at both, and the pool at the Marriott are currently closed.

FWIW, the city of Anchorage just reinstated COVID restrictions last week (early Aug). Hotel kitchens are closed again, and restaurants are limited to takeout and delivery only. There are a couple places offering "dine in" but that's because they have outdoor seating. Eating indoors at restaurants is not permitted. If you need groceries the Four Points is only a few blocks walk from New Sagaya City Market. Dark Horse Coffee nearby the hotel has great quiche for breakfast, and they also have a few tables out on the sidewalk.
Thanks for sharing your insights on a recent stay in March and for the updated information on the Marriott renovations.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for the update....very helpful....

back in the spg days, all my anchorage stays used to be at the sheraton....after marriott took over i continued to mostly stay at the sheraton but tried the marriott & springhill suites once each....i need to be in the downtown area for my upcoming stay & didn't want to stay at the sheraton this time as the property is definitely showing its age....since i have already stayed at the downtown marriott, i thought i would try the four points this time....
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:00 am

Location: Everywhere & Nowhere - living in hotels worldwide 365
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat/IC Amb, Hyatt Globalist, GHA Plat
I could add that the Four Points is on a quieter street than the Marriott. If you stay at the Marriott and have status, they will usually want to give you the rooms with the better views out over the inlet and toward Sleeping Woman. But those rooms also face the noisier streets. Quieter rooms can be had at the Marriott by asking for a "courtyard" facing room, or one with an odd number. The view toward the Chugach Mountains and Delaney Park isn't quite as nice, but there's a lot less noise. In contrast the Four Points faces 8th Ave (which is less of a thoroughfare) on one side or a parking lot on the other.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could add that the Four Points is on a quieter street than the Marriott. If you stay at the Marriott and have status, they will usually want to give you the rooms with the better views out over the inlet and toward Sleeping Woman. But those rooms also face the noisier streets. Quieter rooms can be had at the Marriott by asking for a "courtyard" facing room, or one with an odd number. The view toward the Chugach Mountains and Delaney Park isn't quite as nice, but there's a lot less noise. In contrast the Four Points faces 8th Ave (which is less of a thoroughfare) on one side or a parking lot on the other.
i agree....i like the location of the four points....hopefully the covid restrictions will be over or relaxed by the time i have to travel....
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Late checkout at Four Points Anchorage

I checked in to the property earlier and asked about a late checkout after the agent "thanked me for my loyalty". The front desk agent said to inquire again tomorrow morning.

I went out to dinner and upon return there was a different front desk agent. They said the same thing I gently said that "I thought this was an elite guarantee". She said it's an elite benefit but subject to eligibility.

I read the Marriott website and a bunch of post here on FT to lead me to think it is a guaranteed benefit to elites however I called the Marriott 1-800 and the agent said it's up to the property and subject to availability.

Who's right? Is this another benefit that I should not expect similar to Hilton's late checkout pollcy?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
AFAIK it's a guaranteed benefit except at resorts.

Unfortunately Marriott just don't give a --- about enforcing standards any more.
SPN Lifer, TV guy, UA-NYC and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's guaranteed as a published elite benefit except at resort and convention properties. However, good luck enforcing this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:53 am

It's guaranteed, but only for Platinum Elite Members. Technically, the hotel might be correct depending upon your status.

Here's the exact wording from the Term and Conditions:

Silver Elite
4.3.ii Priority Late Checkout. Based on availability. Please call the front desk the morning of checkout and let them know your planned departure time. Available at all Participating Brands except Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, and Vistana™ Network properties.

Gold Elite
4.3.b.iii
2 p.m. Late Checkout. This benefit is based on availability. Member should call the front desk the morning of checkout and request a late checkout up until 2 p.m. This benefit is available at all Participating Brands except at Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and Vistana properties.

Platinum Elite
4.3.c3.v
4 p.m. Late Checkout. Platinum Elite Members and above may check out as late as 4 p.m. local time of the Participating Property. Members can request late checkout when making a reservation through central reservations, at check-in, via the mobile app (where available) or at any time during their stay. This benefit is guaranteed at all Participating Properties, except at resort and convention hotels and Design HotelsTM, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and Vistana properties are excluded from this benefit.

Link to source: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It's guaranteed, but only for Platinum Elite Members. Technically, the hotel might be correct depending upon your status.
Quite right. lol

Marriott calls lots of members "elite" but many FTers jump to the assumption that only a Plat or higher would use the word to describe their benefits...
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Quite right. lol

Marriott calls lots of members "elite" but many FTers jump to the assumption that only a Plat or higher would use the word to describe their benefits...
I mean after all my LT Gold status is useless but I like my current Titanium benefits.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.