Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Brand Bonus

Additional bonus of 2,000 points per brand for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders for stays at Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, starting with the second brand, will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by estedman
Does me no good as I am staying at the same hotel for the rest of the year without checking out.
If you could alternate all those days P1 then P2 just think of all the bonus points.100 days of the promo approximately. You could get 200,000 bonus points!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
As a completely anecdotal data point, I was able to sign up in app for both myself and my parents with no issue (so, that's at least 2 accounts where it worked) :-)
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I have a single night stay – at three different brands.
Wow - one night and get credit for three different brands.

David
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
So, has anyone actually made a brand new bucket list? What's on your brand new bucket list?
IHG Diamond Elite?
Hyatt Globalist?
Tanic, imverge and UA-NYC like this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
So, has anyone actually made a brand new bucket list? What's on your brand new bucket list?
IHG Diamond Elite?
Hyatt Globalist?
$20M.

David
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'm going to put own my very own Fairfield Inn on my BNBL (Brand New Bucket List). That way I can finally be catered to as a Marriott customer.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is such a weak promo that I doubt many would bother to change travel plan just for that.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
you can earn 2,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay at a Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brand, starting with the second brand at which you stay during the promotion earning period. Bonuses will be issued for your first stay at each participating hotel brand during the promotion earning period, starting with the second brand. 
Can anyone clarify how this works? My first stay will be at a Marriott, so it will not count in the brands promo. If I stay at another Marriott a few weeks later, will it count as a new brand or will it be eliminated from the eligible brands? Lurkers?

Surely they've thought of this. Why isn't this covered in the T&Cs or in a FAQ or did I just miss it?
tskye likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm also getting the "not eligible" message. This promo is a real cluster.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
I have some one night stays business trips. 4000 plus per night is not bad.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by willliamjia
I have some one night stays business trips. 4000 plus per night is not bad.
I agree with you. For those of us capable of hotel hopping and who have access to a Marriott credit card, 4000 pts/stay isn’t bad. I’ve modified some reservations to try to take max advantage of the promo.

What I find disgraceful however is that after 3.5 months without a promo, Marriott has the nerve to say the promo isn’t effective until your second stay.

Last edited by margarita girl; Sep 10, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
For the Marriott credit card part of the promotion, do we have to charge the stay to the card. Or can we use any credit card? I can't find any clarity in the TOS.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xero
For the Marriott credit card part of the promotion, do we have to charge the stay to the card. Or can we use any credit card? I can't find any clarity in the TOS.
Here's our interpretation so far:

Originally Posted by mfirst
of note, all kidding aside - it looks like you get bonus points for having a branded credit card, but it does not require you to actually use the credit card for the stay?
...just have one?
Originally Posted by DELee
That's how I read the T's and C's too. Thank you Chase and AMEX?
David
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
again, as evidence of my stupidity - and I could probably read the T&C closer, but if I stay (for example) at multiple CY, each in a different city, then that only counts once - but if I stay at a FF and CY and ResInn, even if all in the same city - that counts as 3 different brands?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I agree with you. For those of us capable of hotel hopping and who have access to a Marriott credit card, 4000 pts/stay isn’t bad. I’ve modified some reservations to try to take max advantage of the promo.

What I find disgusting however is that after 3.5 months without a promo, Marriott has the nerve to say the promo isn’t effective until your second stay.
Many of us in certain countries (Hong Kong, for example), don’t have access to a Marriott credit card and never will. Also, most of the Marriott hotels are still quarantine hotels so there’s limited choice and we can’t leave because it’s still difficult to come back!
TerryK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.