Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 8, 22, 1:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 6, 22, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Make a Brand New Bucket List

Special offer: Earn bonus points through December 15.
  • Earn up to 4,000 bonus points on each eligible stay, starting with your second stay.*
  • Marriott Bonvoy members can register now through December 1 to earn 2,000 bonus points after completing an eligible stay at participating hotels starting with your second stay. Stays must be completed from September 21 through December 15, 2022.
  • Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders can earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each eligible stay at a different hotel brand during the promotional period, starting with the stay at the second brand. Stays must be completed during the promotion earning period. Not a Credit Card holder? Learn more.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, unrivaled Marriott Bonvoy Moments experiences, and so much more. Some hotels and resorts may have mandatory service charges.
The more extraordinary brands you stay at, the more you can earn. Experience distinctive luxury, smart conveniences, bespoke amenities, and so much more and earn additional bonus points as a Credit Card holder.

Terms and Conditions:

*A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (Qualifying Rate).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by December 1, 2022, will earn 2,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay*, starting with the second stay during the promotion earning period. In addition, Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders will earn an additional 2,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay at a Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brand, starting with the second brand at which the Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holder stays during the promotion earning period. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy brands and properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders will earn the additional 2,000 bonus points only once per participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brand during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for eligible paid stays completed between September 21, 2022, and December 15, 2022, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Only stays completed after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (Qualifying Rate). Award redemption stays where points are redeemed for each night of the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion (Non-Qualifying Rate). Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments, and owner-occupied weeks at Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Sheraton Vacation Club, Westin Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Regis Residence Club and Luxury Collection Residence Club, are not eligible for bonus points for this promotion. Only one room per property is counted toward a members stay for the promotion. Bonuses of 2,000 points per eligible paid stay, starting with the second stay, will be awarded to the members account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay. Additional bonus of 2,000 points per brand for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders for stays at Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, starting with the second brand, will be awarded to the members account up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit marriottbonvoy.com/new-bonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Offer Terms & Conditions:

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy account is required. To be eligible for the additional 2,000 bonus points per brand, starting with the second brand, you must be the primary account holder and have an active (i) Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card, (ii) legacy Starwood Preferred Guest-branded or legacy Marriott Rewards-branded credit card issued in the United States, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Canada, China and the United Kingdom, or (iii) Ritz-Carlton-branded credit card issued in the United States (collectively Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards), which must be issued at the time of your stay to be eligible for this offer. Your Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card account must not be cancelled or in default at the time of bonus fulfillment. When you register for this promotion between September 7, 2022, and December 1, 2022, you can earn 2,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay at a Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brand, starting with the second brand at which you stay during the promotion earning period. Bonuses will be issued for your first stay at each participating hotel brand during the promotion earning period, starting with the second brand. The 2,000 bonus points per brand is in addition to 2,000 bonus points per stay, starting with the second stay, for Marriott Bonvoy members. Award redemption stays where points or Free Night Awards are redeemed for each night of the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.

(Sorta expect one of the Lurkers to post as well in the next day or so).

David

p.s. Speculation threads:
Marriott Bonvoy Global promo Sep - Dec 2022 ? and Any news about promotion of summer of 2022?
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:20 pm

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Does a stay that ends on 9/21 counts or not?
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp View Post
Does a stay that ends on 9/21 counts or not?
Given how the T's and C's are written, I think not.

David
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:33 pm

Programs: United
Wow. 2000 points after a second stay?

yeah, thats going to drive business to Marriott

let me cancel my triple points Hilton 18 night stay

Am I missing something here?
kb1992, jpdx, imverge and 15 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mfirst View Post
Who can tell with those T&C.

But smells like a "why even bother" promo.
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:43 pm

Programs: United
I guess Im just not smart enough to stay at a Marriott.
Old Sep 6, 22, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I guess Im just not smart enough to stay at a Marriott.
Or perhaps too smart.

David
Old Sep 7, 22, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Very average promo. I'll still stick with the nights I've already booked with Marriott but this is not going to get me to change any of the nights I've booked with other brands.
Old Sep 7, 22, 12:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
This is the worst promotion Ive ever seen a hotel company roll out. The only people who will benefit are the folks who do a lot of cheap one night stays for cash.
Old Sep 7, 22, 1:38 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Typical better than nothing Marriott promotion to stress the client to move across 3 different hotels at the same city or near instead to spend 3 nights at the same hotel .
Old Sep 7, 22, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

let me cancel my triple points Hilton 18 night stay

You are certainly missing the fact that Hilton is only offering double points this autumn...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 2:02 am

Programs: QR Gold, Star Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Typical better than nothing
Nothing would actually have been better.

All this promotion achieves is annoying your loyal customers.
UASPG, GalaxyChris and ArnoldB like this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 2:54 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
This is the worst promotion Ive ever seen a hotel company roll out. The only people who will benefit are the folks who do a lot of cheap one night stays for cash.
The very people you would think werent worth attracting. I stay for leisure only and tend to do long stays, so useless to me. I might be lucky and 6,000 points out of this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 3:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
At least Marriott wasn't hacked (/s)
jpdx, SFO777 and Dav77 like this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 4:00 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Just thinking: Bucket list would imply leisure travel. How does it drive leisure travel? It would if it were stay 5 nights and get 2,000 a night, double to 10 night stay and get 3,000 for the second 5 nights. As a leisure traveller I like at least 5 nights and max 15 in one place.

Search this Thread