Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best way to make same-day reserations? (US)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to make same-day reserations? (US)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:43 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the information everyone! Looks like I'll be using the app then. I'm pretty sure I'll be making bookings before midnight, but good to know about some of the edge cases in case I end up on the road late needing a room late at night!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:08 pm

When driving cross country a few years ago I found better rates on Hotels.com for day of booking that I made. I made the reservation in the hotel parking lot and then went inside and it was no issue. So even third parties dont seem to have a lag.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I booked in the parking lot.

Got out of the car, got my luggage went in and they have my room.
I have tried that. It would have worked in terms of finding and booking the room, but the rate was more than I wanted to pay for about 7 hours in a hotel. So I brought up a competitor’s app and booked the hotel next door!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
The current Bonvoy app won't let you select the day before as the check in date when you do a search. It's Aug 2 12:30am here and i can no longer book a room for Aug 1.
Strange. I just tried making a dummy booking in New York and North Carolina where it's about 2:15am on August 3. The app had no problem allowing me to select and see availability for August 2. I even set my VPN to New York just in case the app cared about my location. Even the Book for Tonight option appeared.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
The current Bonvoy app won't let you select the day before as the check in date when you do a search. It's Aug 2 12:30am here and i can no longer book a room for Aug 1.
I wonder if you could change your phone date/time before opening the app to at least price out some hotels after midnight.

For example, I can still run a search on hotels on the east coast tonight (already next day there), but yeah it errors out when selecting a room to book.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
If I'm booking for the same day, then either I use my company's travel site for work or via the app if personal.

However, given that I prefer to compare and look around across not only Marriott's properties and web site but other locations, I personally prefer to be on a computer and browse accordingly if possible.

David
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I've even seen plenty of front desk agents tell walk-in guests to sign up for Marriott Bonvoy and book in the app using Member Rates to get a cheaper price than they can quote. Though, frankly, I don't doubt that you can probably get a discount sometimes by calling in or haggling.
You have to do both as sometimes a hotel with Low occupancy will beat the app. Maybe only be $10 less on a Low budget $99 rate but $10 is $10

Do agree the app is where to start as the benchmark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.