Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Points Received For Cancelling Hotel Award Package?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

I have a five night reservation using one of the old Category 8 partial award packages. I am probably going to have to cancel it(does not look like Japan will not open up by year end). Does anyone know how many points I should receive back if I cancel it? The reservation now shows that it is for 550K points and am curious to find out what I would actually receive back. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? I know there has discussion about this in the past. I talked to customer service, but they had to open a ticket.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BillMorrow
I have a five night reservation using one of the old Category 8 partial award packages. I am probably going to have to cancel it(does not look like Japan will not open up by year end). Does anyone know how many points I should receive back if I cancel it? The reservation now shows that it is for 550K points and am curious to find out what I would actually receive back. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? I know there has discussion about this in the past. I talked to customer service, but they had to open a ticket.
Whatever category your cert was, you will be refunded the peak rate for a 5 night package. I can't find my printed sheet with what the different levels were.

If you feel like searching what other people got, check the last few pages of the travel package thread. The wiki also has an FAQ for the cashing out policy.

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **] - FlyerTalk Forums

Edit: Found it. Peak rate for cat 8 is 100K pts/night, and Marriott reimbursed us for all 5 nights, so you should get 500K pts.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:57 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Closing this thread as any future questions/comments can be posted in the main thread margarita girl posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.