Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Meza, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Meza, AZ

I am looking for a pet friendly Marriott with a pool in Mesa, AZ. I need to use my $300 Brilliant credit before it goes away!

I am visiting friends who unfortunately live on the extreme eastern end of Mesa and there are no really close Marriotts. There are 2 Residence Inns that are 10 miles away (in Gilbert) but as I don't stay very often I'd prefer to earn 10 points/$1 rather than 5.

I was looking at the Delta Hotel, a brand I haven't heard of, that is 14 miles away, and then there is the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, which is a bit further and the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa Wrigleyville West, which is also 14 miles.

Has anyone stayed at a Delta Hotel? How do they compare to Courtyards? I don't think Platinums get breakfast in either hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I am looking for a pet friendly Marriott with a pool in Mesa, AZ. I need to use my $300 Brilliant credit before it goes away! I am visiting friends who unfortunately live on the extreme eastern end of Mesa and there are no really close Marriotts. There are 2 Residence Inns that are 10 miles away (in Gilbert) but as I don't stay very often I'd prefer to earn 10 points/$1 rather than 5. I was looking at the Delta Hotel, a brand I haven't heard of, that is 14 miles away, and then there is the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, which is a bit further and the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa Wrigleyville West, which is also 14 miles. Has anyone stayed at a Delta Hotel? How do they compare to Courtyards? I don't think Platinums get breakfast in either hotel
Residence Inn Phoenix-Mesa East is at the intersection of US 60 and Crismon Road in far east Mesa just a couple of miles from Apache Junction.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
I was looking at the Delta Hotel, a brand I haven't heard of, that is 14 miles away
I haven't stayed there since they reflagged from Marriott to Delta, but I thought it was a great hotel before the reflag. If they did some refurbing and kept the great service, it would be excellent. The neighborhood it's in gets knocked as a bit rough, but other than one night with police helicopters in the distance, it was fine. I never felt any uneasiness around the hotel grounds. I stayed there for a project in Far East Mesa (near Falcon Field,) and I agree that there's not much to the east of this hotel. The lounge was above-average (well-stocked, super nice and helpful attendant, but breakfast was just the usual, IIRC, and that's just fine for me.) There used to be a pretty decent sports bar across the street that was a good change of pace without having to travel around town.
and then there is the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, which is a bit further and the Courtyard Phoenix Mesa Wrigleyville West, which is also 14 miles.
There's a newer Sheraton at Wrigleyville, too, and it might get the nod here, but the lounge was closed a few weeks ago and the alternative was lame.
Has anyone stayed at a Delta Hotel? How do they compare to Courtyards? I don't think Platinums get breakfast in either hotel.
I've never stayed at a Delta, but I think the benefits align more with the Marriott brand. And, as mentioned, that particular one used to be a Marriott. If I'm reading the breakfast language correctly, you do get breakfast as a Plat at a Delta.

Maybe someone has a more recent stay at the Delta and can chime in, but based upon my experiences, I would call both the Delta and the Sheraton and whichever has the better breakfast option would win.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JBKettle
Maybe someone has a more recent stay at the Delta and can chime in, but based upon my experiences, I would call both the Delta and the Sheraton and whichever has the better breakfast option would win.
I stayed at the Delta a few months ago as a Titanium. Didn't get an upgrade because I needed two beds and they don't seem to have a suite with two beds. However, I was told I would get access to their "Delta Pantry" at the top floor which has a fridge stocked with a few soft drinks (Pepsi products), yogurt, cheese sticks, etc., a coffee machine, microwave, and a few snacks (microwaveable popcorn, chips, granola bars, etc.). FYI, they don't have water bottle bottles but they do have a filtered water machine that you can choose between carbonated and still water. For breakfast, they gave me a little card that I used at their restaurant in the lobby for a to-go order, but they also had a few tables inside in case you want to eat there. I don't recall seeing a cap but it covered my coffee and breakfast burrito. The only issue I had was getting a 4PM late c/o which they later honored as a "one-time courtesy" even with my Titanium status and them not being a conference center/resort hotel.

Would I go back if I needed to stay in that area again? Probably because the room felt much newer than the HP Mesa, but not if I really need the EQN with Hyatt.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Thank you JBKettle and Jimgotkp! I think I’ll book the Delta but will at least call the Sheraton and see what’s going on with the lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
The Sheraton and Courtyard in Wrigleyville are basically connected. The Sheraton has a better pool imo, if that is important.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCron
The Sheraton and Courtyard in Wrigleyville are basically connected. The Sheraton has a better pool imo, if that is important.
I never did understand Marriott's connecting of their hotels - usually Courtyards and Residence Inns. Why not just build one hotel? Or in the case of the Residence Inns, maybe having a separate/long term concept in the same location. But that's a thread for another day!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I am visiting friends who unfortunately live on the extreme eastern end of Mesa and there are no really close Marriotts.
So, not interested in the RI located in the extreme eastern end of Mesa?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tanic
So, not interested in the RI located in the extreme eastern end of Mesa?
I saw that one but at 11 miles and 15 minutes from my friends’ house, the Delta hotel is only 13 miles and 16 minutes and I’ll get the 10x points/$1 in addition to my Platinum multiplier as opposed to the 5x/$1 from a Residence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.