Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn Portsmouth, NH [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:36 am
qed
Original Poster

Programs: American LTG, Bonvoy G, Hilton LTD

Typical Residence Inn. Nice urban setting. Overall the staff was very pleasant and helpful at this property. The only surprising issue was the terrible breakfast. Perhaps this was Covid driven and/or part of the new overall approach to breakfast at the RIs, but all items were pre-wrapped. No warm pans offering large displays of eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, or even oatmeal. There appeared to have been some sort of pre-made breakfast sandwiches but they were all gone when I got there. Couldn't even make a piece of toast - no bread offered. Instant oatmeal packets were about the only thing I could eat. Complained to the kitchen staff and the answer was we know, we hate the breakfast too, but this is what we are told to do. We did easily find several eateries with good breakfast within walking distance. As a now closed thread pointed out, not only do you get 1/2 points for staying at RIs, you now get about 1/2 a breakfast as well.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Jet Blue, UAL, IH G Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I’m sure that Residence Inns have a minimum standard they have to comply with for the breakfast they serve, but to say “we hate the breakfast too, but this is what we are told to do” seems pretty ridiculous to me. They can do better if they really want to.

I stayed at The Andell Inn which is a Residence Inn in Kiawah, SC a couple of weeks ago and they had multiple hot items along with a full variety of cereals, fruits and good quality pastries. They also included Mimosas. It was a better breakfast than at The Westin in Hilton Head which charged $28. per person for their buffet if you are not Platinum or above.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:13 am
qed
Original Poster

Programs: American LTG, Bonvoy G, Hilton LTD
Awful Timber-Ridge Egg Sandwich

Today I'm at a RI in Syracuse NY, same awful pre-made egg sandwich as last month in Portsmouth NH. Happy to hear that not all RIs have gone to these pre-made sandwiches but I'm oh-for-two on my last two stays. Update: The sandwich is made by Buddy's Kitchen in Burnsville MN were their specialty is "ready-to-eat frozen food." Label also warns that bioengineered food ingredients are used. Breakfast of champions!

Last edited by qed; Jun 17, 2022 at 6:26 am Reason: typo, update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.