Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Canceling award reservation after cancellation deadline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 5:01 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have a reservation using points that says cancel 7 days before check in date to avoid penalty.
it is less than 7 days now and considering changing my travel plans.
there is an option to modify reservation. I didn’t go through the steps but is it possible to change the date to next month and assuming it will give me a new cancellation deadline, cancel next day? I don’t want to go through this change process if this is going to mess up.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kcdude
I have a reservation using points that says cancel 7 days before check in date to avoid penalty.
it is less than 7 days now and considering changing my travel plans.
there is an option to modify reservation. I didn’t go through the steps but is it possible to change the date to next month and assuming it will give me a new cancellation deadline, cancel next day? I don’t want to go through this change process if this is going to mess up.
Yes, that has worked for me about 6 months ago.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, that has worked for me about 6 months ago.
This has also worked for me although sometimes the site just doesn't let me modify a booking.
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Changing dates is your best bet.

Attempting to cancel could result in a substantial $$ charge for the first night (and your points refunded)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.