Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

3 elite nights disappeared from my account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 elite nights disappeared from my account

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by X-ON
Happy new year from Marriott IT...​​​​
Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
On a serious note to the OP, I wouldn’t worry. The problem appears widespread and not isolated to your account. If you stayed enough nights to earn Platinum and your account isn’t updated, send a PM to the Bonvoy Lurkers and they will sort it out. Given the timing of this issue, I’d suspect it’s related to the computer system getting ready to reset status tracking for 2022. IT gremlins *sighs*

Happy New Year!
You've been Bonv°yed!
Westcoaster likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
I am also missing a night...
Me as well. I have a screenshot from yesterday that included the night so something happened since then.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Hmmm, I am also missing 3 nights as of today. Thanks for the heads up. No true impact because of lifetime status and I'm still above 75 nights this year for Annual Choice Benefit. But it's annoying all the same...
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
did Marriott confirm it was the CC nights that went m.i.a.? Would be very strange; once earned they will remain even if cancel the card (unless of course you refund the $$$ to the card and no longer meet the spent requirements). Send a message to the lurkers to investigate.
Marriott is only conforming that "they are aware of the problem". However, most people on this and another forum are conforming that the disappeared nights correspond to the number of nights gained on the Chase Boundless card 1 night pet $3,000 spend promotion. Its likely a short lived IT glitch.

Edit: For me and others it seems that the acquired status and total lifetime nights hasn't been affected. If that holds then its a moot point for anyone that earned their level before the glitch hit as Marriott extended status through Feb 2023. If you were counting on the promotional nights plus stay through New Year's eve, I'd follow up once the final nights of the year are credited.

Last edited by LNM76; Dec 31, 2021 at 8:09 pm Reason: Correcting info on status
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Same here - the 3 nights that were earned from Chase spend promo earlier in 2021 are gone.

The lurkers have opened a case after completely unhelpful dialogue on Twitter (but at least they confirmed that the Chase nights were missing).

If I have to guess it is an automated cap for credit card earning, not taking into consideration the Promo.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
My two missing nights have been restored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.