Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Tainan Anping, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Cat 2 hotel opening in Jan 2022: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tainan-anping/. Marriott will now have properties in all the major cities in Taiwan.
Chihster likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:56 am

Now open for bookings beginning Jan 29, just in time for Chinese New Year.
Vyvd likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:37 pm

I just had a stay there. I loved it. Good service and easy parking. Good location for certain activities. The room was very lovely. Breakfast was so so however, but I would definitely stay there again.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:43 pm

The nearby Crowne Plaza has bigger rooms, nicer views, a swimming pool and other facilities, closer to Anping's main attractions, and a much bigger and better breakfast. The Aloft doesn't give room upgrades, there's no lounge, and getting breakfast means giving up the welcome points. I suppose it's fine for what it is, but I don't have a reason to stay here unless it is significantly cheaper than the Crowne Plaza (which it usually isn't).
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:49 pm

Pleasant stay here during the busy Lunar New Year holiday. Elite members were given two free drinks at the bar. Breakfast was better than I remembered and generally high quality, with some dishes specifically flagged as being from local restaurants.

My earlier comment about preferring the Crowne Plaza still stands. On this particular day the Crowne Plaza was about NT$4000 more than the Aloft (for comparable room size), hence the stay.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by claimui
Pleasant stay here during the busy Lunar New Year holiday. Elite members were given two free drinks at the bar. Breakfast was better than I remembered and generally high quality, with some dishes specifically flagged as being from local restaurants.

My earlier comment about preferring the Crowne Plaza still stands. On this particular day the Crowne Plaza was about NT$4000 more than the Aloft (for comparable room size), hence the stay.
Any Elite upgrade? Breakfast was buffet or a la carte?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by frudd38
Any Elite upgrade? Breakfast was buffet or a la carte?
Stayed here in February, the breakfast was at the restaurant next to lobby and is a buffet with decent spread. Not sure what kind of upgrade they can have, but we got a high floor sea-facing room with our award booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.