Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who's making Ambassador this year?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:05 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
15 nights to go (with 5 more reserved) but it’s unlikely that I’ll be averaging the $750 per night needed to cross the spend threshold. Given the diminished Ambassador benefits, I wouldn’t pay more than a few $hundred to get to that level.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
I made AMB last week at 115 nights and was just awaiting the spend qualification. I’m UK based and received a lovely note from a named Ambassador in Ireland who was pro-active in asking if I needed anything for my forthcoming trips. Direct Dial number provided as well as details of the wider team. I will keep you updated.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Could be:

30 CC EQN
38 Titanium Rollover EQNs (as they seemed to be titanium previously)
70 2x Promo EQNs (I think that’s the max)
204 real EQNs

So it’s possible but it means they spent every night but 25 (outside of the double EQN period) in a Marriott hotel.

I wonder what happens in the app if you exceed 365 EQNs. My app didn’t display properly after 200 but it eventually fixed itself.
There may be a max for the 2X EQN Promo, but it is surely more than 70 .... as stays that overlap the start and finish were/are eligible for 2X EQN for entire stay.
I received 83 bonus nights from the promo as I had overlapping stays on the front and back end of the promo, and was in a Marriott every night but maybe 5 of the promo period.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've re-qualified with still a lot of travel left for the year....however i'm not seeing much value in the tier anymore....
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:52 am
Original Poster

If award nights counted towards dollars spent (as Delta is doing this year with award tickets counting towards MQDs), I could easily clear the threshold – I've already burned through over half a million points this year. But I highly doubt Marriott would be motivated to do this since they don't seem to have any interest in cultivating the Ambassador tier.

Last edited by rucksack; Aug 18, 2021 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
77 nights so far but won't make it on the spend component as much of the EQN tally is bonus nights. Due to a hard lockdown with closed hotels where I'm based I was only able to manage a handful of nights during the 2x promo. Otherwise, I'd likely be over 100 already.

In any case, I've decided that I won't allocate any more stays to Bonvoy until they start a new promo (it's literally the only major chain that doesn't have some kind of promo atm).
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:23 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkCron
There may be a max for the 2X EQN Promo, but it is surely more than 70 .... as stays that overlap the start and finish were/are eligible for 2X EQN for entire stay.
I received 83 bonus nights from the promo as I had overlapping stays on the front and back end of the promo, and was in a Marriott every night but maybe 5 of the promo period.
The promo was from Feb 16 to April 27 right? That's 70 days. Per your point, I think stays after (and probably before?) got EQNs up until the end of that stay but, for most people, the max was 70.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have plenty of nights but nowhere close on spend and no desire to try. Lifetime Titanium and I really don't see the value in ambassador especially with all of the cutbacks.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I won't allocate any more stays to Bonvoy until they start a new promo (it's literally the only major chain that doesn't have some kind of promo atm).
atm = at this moment
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:31 pm

Not me! 121 nights this year (thx promotions!) and only $5700 qualifying spend. And this travel is 80% at a FS Marriott Marriott for business. I doubt it'd possible to hit the even lower 14k threshold unless work decides to start paying for RC or STR. Not that it seems I'm missing much Titanium VS Amb.
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by rucksack
Set aside for a moment whether or not making Ambassador is worth it (the prevailing sentiment on this forum seems to be a resounding "no") -- I'm curious, how many people here expect to qualify for Ambassador this year? $14,000 in spend just seems like such an unrealistic and tone-deaf bar to clear with limited business travel this year. Is Marriott all but getting rid of this tier?
Well over 100 nights but as a business traveler who's not a C-suite varmint, my spend is barely half the goalpost. I get the stink eye spending over $150/night.

My experience with *wood Ambassador leads me to not bother chasing this status anyway. It was nice but not all that useful. The days of a cute snack* and a note from the MOD waiting for me in the best suite in the house are well over...

*had a dessert in the shape of Claes Oldenberg's cherry & spoon sculpture waiting for me at the Sheraton Bloomington (MN) which post-renovation is a hidden gem, even after being Bonvoyed!
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anteater
Curious.. How did you manage 342 EQN? It’s 229 days into the year and CCs can only add another 30 EQN.
It shows up like this in my account:
  • Nights stayed223
  •  
    • Paid:223
    • Redeemed:0
  • Bonus nights121
  •  
    • Promotional:106
    • Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card:15
    • Rewarding Events:0
2021 total344
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:23 am

I may hit the nights but wont hit the spend.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Have already hit the number of nights. Will likely hit the spend well before year's end.
Nothing I would "stretch" for, but will hit organically.

Wish it provided more benefit.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I was Ambassador last year so that gave me 50 nights + 30 nights from Bonvoy Personal/Business. Just crossed over 100+ nights last month but moved all my upcoming travel/holiday stays to Hyatt. Except for occasions in which Hyatt has no property...... the Globalist does remind me of the good old SPG Ambassador/Platinum days.
UA-NYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.