Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Credit card annual award did not deposit into my account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion

Anyone experiencing this issue? I have called multiple times over the past few weeks and no one can seem to help me.
I have had the Ritz card for a few years now and was charged my annual fee last billing cycle. However, my annual 50k award night never deposited into my account and it seems that any rep I speak with is befuddled about it. I thought I finally spoke to someone who understood what to do the other week, but I still don't see this award night. Last year it showed up in my account at the end of June.
Thoughts?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I experience the same thing with Chase - the Hyatt certificate that usually posts in late June is not there, the Ritz upgrade certificates that usually posts in early July are not there.

Chase gives the party line of wait 8-10 weeks - though this is not normal for them - usually, it posts before the annual fee posts.

As I have too many certificates now anyway because of all the extensions, I'm willing to wait and have a longer expiration date on them.
anteater likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Gold
I have the older Chase Marriott Premier card and am also missing my free night cert. Annual fee was charged last month (and last billing cycle). Still no cert. Looked back through my history and for the last 3yrs the free night cert posted the same week as my annual fee (sometimes right before, sometimes right after), but never this long.

I haven't bothered to call yet as I am sure I will get the "It can take 8-10weeks" line. It sucks as I have a trip coming up on labor day weekend I really want to use that Cat 4 cert on. Room rates are currently $225, so that would be great value out of the cert.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Patience is a virtue.

Beaucoup Bonv°y!
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I ...
Chase gives the party line of wait 8-10 weeks - though this is not normal for them - usually, it posts before the annual fee posts.
That was the case for me this year. My CC Chase fee was in Jan but the Hyatt free night certificate arrived in March.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Funny thing is that the off-cycle certificate (anniversary date and renewal date differ due to change in card) posted as expected.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by M3Shark
I have the older Chase Marriott Premier card and am also missing my free night cert. Annual fee was charged last month (and last billing cycle). Still no cert. Looked back through my history and for the last 3yrs the free night cert posted the same week as my annual fee (sometimes right before, sometimes right after), but never this long.

I haven't bothered to call yet as I am sure I will get the "It can take 8-10weeks" line. It sucks as I have a trip coming up on labor day weekend I really want to use that Cat 4 cert on. Room rates are currently $225, so that would be great value out of the cert.
Exactly, it has always been issued when my annual fee was charged in previous years. The strange thing was that this card also awards 3 Ritz upgrade nights and those deposited, but the free night didn't. I feel your pain on the upcoming trip, too. Sigh.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex_I
That was the case for me this year. My CC Chase fee was in Jan but the Hyatt free night certificate arrived in March.
Good to know there's hope, it's just irritating to wait when that has never been the case, but I guess it is what it is.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Funny thing is that the off-cycle certificate (anniversary date and renewal date differ due to change in card) posted as expected.
Huh, strange, but at least some are timely.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Ellvizzle
Good to know there's hope, it's just irritating to wait when that has never been the case, but I guess it is what it is.
- I was very close to contacting Chase but then read Terms & Conditions and decided to wait.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

OP update, the cert dropped into my account yesterday, so about 7 weeks later than it had last year.
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.