Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next 2021 global promotion ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Next promotion: join the 21st century by not sticking your loyal travelers w/resort fees on points stays (waiving them on cash stays for top tiers is wayyyyy too generous so won't even suggest that)
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Next promotion: join the 21st century by not sticking your loyal travelers w/resort fees on points stays (waiving them on cash stays for top tiers is wayyyyy too generous so won't even suggest that)
You mean like its competitor is doing (hint: Hyatt). Also how about free parking on award stay.
SPN Lifer and sdsearch like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
If they've got any sense, they will be very, very clear in both the T&Cs and FAQs that the promo applies only to paid nights between the start date and end date. Just like the last one before the marketing department mucked up the FAQs and, well, we all know what happened next.

I mean, the purpose of any promo is to generate cash for hotels and not to encourage members to burn up Bonvoy points. That doesn't drive significant revenue to the hotels. If they wanted to burn up Bonvoy points instead of just devaluing them periodically then they could/should do a promo for points stays but of course this would be logical nonsense (Get 5000 bonus Bonvoy points for every points stay, anyone?).

If, as I say, they've got any sense...
Old Apr 17, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Why? There is no promo announced. Heck there’s still 2 weeks left in the current promo? This is just endless speculation that could go on for a month or two depending on when Marriott announces something. As a matter of fact, the thread title here is very misleading.
Because I'm joking... and because every quarter we have the exact same thread.
sdsearch and margarita girl like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by emma dog
On that basis, we should also have a sticky that kicks in every December asking in which year the night of December 31 counts. That's my particular bugbear.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by emma dog
You need to add a smiley then.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread should have its title expanded to:
Next 2021 global promotion ? (for Entertainment value only)
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:22 am

Speculation - Q2 Marriott Promo?

Do you reckon there will be a Q2 Marriott promo? Considering that Hilton has a Double Stay nights & Double Points scheme right through the end of the year, what are the chances that Marriott might extend their Q1 promo?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton does NOT have a double elite credit / double points scheme right through the end of the year.

Hilton has halved the elite requirements for 2021. It is also going to run a 2x / 3x points promo for the summer. (although starting from a low base)

Between free nights given to elites and the soon-ending promo, I can't see Marriott making it any easier to achieve / renew status. I'm already done for the year (Plat renewal) and I suspect many FTers have already done all they plan to. So more double nights won't move the needle for status-conscious members.
BearX220 and puchong like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 12:11 pm

Thanks for correcting me on my mistaken assumption that Hilton also has a double night promo going on.

My problem is that I was waiting for international travel to open up a little more as all my stays are in Europe, Asia & Australia with very, very few domestic US stays. However now that international travel restrictions are getting worse, I have to abandon thoughts of international trips although I am fully vaccinated.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:42 pm

Please double points again!!... I barely made any use of the current promo.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Marriott promotions are usually worthless to me. As LTT, elite nights are meaningless, since SNA aren't nearly as valuable as Hyatt TSU. Only free night cert at 75 nights is more useful. Maybe double/triple points would be of interest.
uanj likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How about a promo where for payment of some number of points, Bonvoy would actually enforce the supposed requirement that hotels now honor all published elite benefits?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I will be interested to see if they think one is necessary. I imagine this summer may feel a bit like the great American Summer Vacation. Work travelers won’t be returning until at least October to travel in meaningful ways. Will promos move vacation travelers in a meaningful way?
uanj likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:32 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I will be interested to see if they think one is necessary. I imagine this summer may feel a bit like the great American Summer Vacation. Work travelers won’t be returning until at least October to travel in meaningful ways. Will promos move vacation travelers in a meaningful way?
I think yes, from one chain to another. It seems like road/domestic trips will be more likely in the US this summer, there will be increased demand for hotels. If Marriott doesn't offer promo and other chains do, guess where will people book?

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.