Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next 2021 global promotion ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Next 2021 global promotion ?

In 2 weeks the current global promotion will end. Any insights of the new promo that may come?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Joy, another one of these hypothetical, what-if threads.

The truth is this: we’ll never know until we know. The next promotion, if any, will most likely be another “two-night minimum, won’t-count-unless-there’s-some-element-of-cash-involved, moan-and-groan promotions that nobody will be able to sign up for because there are too many stupid IT issues that’ll allow some people to be happy and others to hate everything, why-hasn’t-Marriott-revealed-a-promotion-when-everybody-else-already-has” kind of deal.

Just hold on for another few weeks and all will be revealed.

khabah
dgreen12, kilo, emma dog and 9 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santydrak
In 2 weeks the current global promotion will end. Any insights of the new promo that may come?
Elite members only: Stay in a hotel that isn't offering the benefits that it should, don't complain, and earn 100 points per stay.
renila, dgreen12, VibeGuy and 19 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by santydrak (Post # 1)
With the Marriott Bonv°y program, even more than life in general, patience is a virtue.

Whether you ask for speculation or actual insight, or not, FlyerTalkers will post a new thread as soon as any new promotion is announced or alluded to.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by santydrak
There will be no promo for at least two months. When it arrives, it will be underwhelming and everybody on FT will say they are moving to Hyatt or Hilton...
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Elite members only: Stay in a hotel that isn't offering the benefits that it should, don't complain, and earn 100 points per stay.
You made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This is Marriott remember, that is far to generous for them. Plus the points wouldn't post automatically and asking for the points would count as a complaint, instantly ruling you out of the promo.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Can we make this thread a sticky/wiki?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:46 am

The global promotion for the last year has been "ridiculously cheap rates at most locations, coupled with reductions in amenities," I'm fine with that continuing.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by emma dog
Can we make this thread a sticky/wiki?
Why? There is no promo announced. Heck there’s still 2 weeks left in the current promo? This is just endless speculation that could go on for a month or two depending on when Marriott announces something. As a matter of fact, the thread title here is very misleading.
SPN Lifer and sdsearch like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
The global promotion for the last year has been "ridiculously cheap rates at most locations, coupled with reductions in amenities," I'm fine with that continuing.
I have not seen ridiculously cheap rates anywhere that I travel to some places are slightly cheaper but not cheap enough to offset the lack of services IMHO, of course these things are subjective I suppose
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I don't feel this was the case in the US where I travel to (mostly Texas, Nevada, and California). The places I've seen with really low rates, like Manhattan, aren't practical to visit because of the hard quarantine and most entertainment being shut down.
SPN Lifer and CONCORDE1969 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I don't feel this was the case in the US where I travel to (mostly Texas, Nevada, and California). The places I've seen with really low rates, like Manhattan, aren't practical to visit because of the hard quarantine and most entertainment being shut down.
Yeah this was me mostly speaking personally from my location in the mid-Atlantic. I know that the warm places with fewer rules have seen big demand. But it's worked great for local travel in this region.
DallasEsq likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
After talking to a lurker, the next global promotion will be "Elite nights for us!" where they subtract 2 nights credit for every night you stay.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
We should just post a link to the last promo speculation thread. Nobody will notice the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.