Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Incorrect points charged for award stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Unusual situation I have just come across. Today I booked a 5 night award stay in Japan for March 2022. The breakdown looks like this:-

Night 1: 60,000 (free night)
Night 2: 70,000
Night 3: 60,000
Night 4: 60,000
Night 5: 60,000

Total 250,000.

That is what I was shown at the booking page and on the confirmation immediately after booking. I have sufficient points in my account, therefore this is not points advance. A few hours later I notice I'd not had an email confirmation and strangely no points have been deducted from my account. I check the reservation in my Marriott account and it now says 280,000 points required (which I don't have) and therefore turned it into points advance with no points deducted.

Naturally I'm disappointed as at the time of booking and the confirmation showed 250,000 which should have been debited immediately. I did take screenshots to prove so will contact CS but not holding out much hope...
Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Pleased to report this has been resolved by the excellent Twitter CS team. Known but rare bug that sometimes occurs when booking far out in the schedule.
SPN Lifer, Mr. Vker, RAPC and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.