Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Airport Marriott, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat

We are electing to stay overnight in Atlanta on the way home from a ski trip. Flight schedules don’t allow us to make the entire trip home without a 6am flight, just not an easy task with young kids. We try to avoid the airport shuttles and especially try to avoid setting up a car seat in a Uber... how realistic is it to lug ski gear and luggage and kids onto the sky train and to the Marriott?

should I just send my wife and kids on the train and me take an Uber with luggage? This is starting to feel like more trouble than it’s worth especially considering the concierge lounge is closed and so is the indoor pool.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
We are electing to stay overnight in Atlanta on the way home from a ski trip. Flight schedules don’t allow us to make the entire trip home without a 6am flight, just not an easy task with young kids. We try to avoid the airport shuttles and especially try to avoid setting up a car seat in a Uber... how realistic is it to lug ski gear and luggage and kids onto the sky train and to the Marriott?

should I just send my wife and kids on the train and me take an Uber with luggage? This is starting to feel like more trouble than it’s worth especially considering the concierge lounge is closed and so is the indoor pool.
You can put the luggage and equipment on a cart and take the cart to the train. Not sure what you would do after getting to the train. I have seen people take the carts all the way to the rental car which is the stop past the hotels.
I don't see why you couldn't take the cart to the hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
Originally Posted by estedman
You can put the luggage and equipment on a cart and take the cart to the train. Not sure what you would do after getting to the train. I have seen people take the carts all the way to the rental car which is the stop past the hotels.
I don't see why you couldn't take the cart to the hotel.
thank you! Is this one of those carts you put in $2.50 or so and get the deposit back when you return it? I’d be happy to roll it to the hotel and ride the train back to return it. That would make things so much easier. Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
The sky train is about 20 yards outside of the airport entrance. there is an elevator and escalator up to the platform. The Marriott is the first stop and there is an elevator down too once you get there. The marriott is about a 50 yard walk from the sky train. Not sure how much your gear weighs etc, but you could even make two trips is necessary.

That marriott is a great property. The Champions sports bar is open as well. I stayed there last week.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Amex
I always come to ATL with BIG luggage (samples), as much as one of the Airport carts can carry, and I always take the SkyTrain to the Rental Car facility. Of course, skis are even more cumbersome than huge cases.
How many adults (or teenagers) in your party?
You may want to stash the carts so you can use them coming back in the morning.
While the SkyTrain is moving, hold the cart handles in the “brake” position to avoid rolling around, there is one climb, several turns, and a stop at the Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.