Search

Sheraton Brand Standard Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:41 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton Brand Standard Update

Marriott International has opened the first six Sheraton hotels displaying the brand’s reimagined and community-inspired brand standards.

Following on from the 2018 announcement of the brand refresh, renovations to install the new standards have now been completed at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, USA; Sheraton Denver Downtown, USA; Sheraton Tel Aviv, Israel; Sheraton Grand Dubai, UAE; Sheraton Guangzhou, China and Sheraton Mianyang, China.

The new brand aims to amplify a modern public square and a sense of community and belonging, inviting locals and travellers from farther afield to feel at home within its public spaces. The message being portrayed to visitors is that they are welcome to participate, connect and feel part of something.
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2...ommunity-feel/

Looks like baths continue to be on the way out while coffee is in!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by markis10
https://www.hotelmanagement.com.au/2...ommunity-feel/

Looks like baths continue to be on the way out while coffee is in!
Bizarre. Aside from this press release, I can find absolutely no evidence of this alleged "Sheraton Mianyang" actually existing.

There's no page for it on the Marriott/Sheraton website, not even a "Coming Soon" page. When you search that city there, you get no results, and there are absolutely no results I can find on Google except a zillion copies of this same press release.

I wonder if "Mianyang" is a typo.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Bizarre. Aside from this press release, I can find absolutely no evidence of this alleged "Sheraton Mianyang" actually existing.

First in a string of virtual hotels - Marriott has decided that their future lies in hotels where they don't have to deal with guests
dw, ajamieson, X-ON and 16 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
First in a string of virtual hotels - Marriott has decided that their future lies in hotels where they don't have to deal with guests
I'm on board if can earn elite nights....
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by mackenzie77
I'm on board if can earn elite nights....
I'm virtually elite already
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum

There's no page for it on the Marriott/Sheraton website, not even a "Coming Soon" page. When you search that city there, you get no results, and there are absolutely no results I can find on Google except a zillion copies of this same press release.

There's a picture of the lobby here which appears to be a render so the comment about 'virtual hotels' may not be too wide of the mark!

The hotel is presumably still a 'work in progress', though odd that so few details of it exist online

EDIT: Sheraton Mianyang would seem to be aither a) a refurb and re-brand of the Fulejiuzhou International Hotel (sometimes spelt Fule Jiuzhou) or b) a new build in the Xianhai Leisure Resort zone on the edge of Chengkang Reservoir a few miles further out of town.

The limited sources I've identified give conflicting info. This 'Green building certification' resource Sheraton Mianyang :: Green Building Information Gateway shows the address as 1 Furong Road, Youxian District, Mianyang which would appear to be the same address as the Fule Jiuzhou Hotel, whereas postings on a a number of job sites, e.g. https://www.hozpitality.com/marriott...ccounting.html give the address as Lot D Xianhaishuili Scenic Area, Mianyang, which Google Maps says is up by the reservoir.

Elsewhere I've found reference to a Q2/2121 opening, so presumably if still on schedule it will appear on Marriott inventory quite soon.
SPN Lifer and James Luckard like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
There's a picture of the lobby here which appears to be a render so the comment about 'virtual hotels' may not be too wide of the mark!

The hotel is presumably still a 'work in progress', though odd that so few details of it exist online

EDIT: Sheraton Mianyang would seem to be aither a) a refurb and re-brand of the Fulejiuzhou International Hotel (sometimes spelt Fule Jiuzhou) or b) a new build in the Xianhai Leisure Resort zone on the edge of Chengkang Reservoir a few miles further out of town.

The limited sources I've identified give conflicting info. This 'Green building certification' resource Sheraton Mianyang :: Green Building Information Gateway shows the address as 1 Furong Road, Youxian District, Mianyang which would appear to be the same address as the Fule Jiuzhou Hotel, whereas postings on a a number of job sites, e.g. https://www.hozpitality.com/marriott...ccounting.html give the address as Lot D Xianhaishuili Scenic Area, Mianyang, which Google Maps says is up by the reservoir.

Elsewhere I've found reference to a Q2/2121 opening, so presumably if still on schedule it will appear on Marriott inventory quite soon.
Good find, southlondonphil - the property is real, but it isn't on Marriott's channels just yet. By the look of the renderings, I'd wager this one is a new-build to function as a ground-up example of the new Sheraton standards. Property code will be MIGSI.

khabah

Last edited by khabah; Jan 29, 2021 at 6:40 am
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:14 am

Exciting news. The Covid communal spaces look amazing
dw and merrickdb like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Read the article on The Points Guy yesterday. I like how the "Coffee Bar Bar" is basically what Courtyards already have.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Interesting concept and I do think Sheratons need some refresh.

The co working space "studio" is quite interesting idea.
I guess guest and non guest can book the space although the hotel might provide cheaper rate and or priority for their guests in residence.
Sort of RC club level allowance to use their club floor board room.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I thought Sheraton Kiev was cancelled...
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by skrosvik
I thought Sheraton Kiev was cancelled...
It was built and partially completed but never opened, it has been sitting vacant for about ten years.

Last edited by James Luckard; Jan 29, 2021 at 2:16 pm
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Good find, southlondonphil - the property is real, but it isn't on Marriott's channels just yet. By the look of the renderings, I'd wager this one is a new-build to function as a ground-up example of the new Sheraton standards. Property code will be MIGSI.

khabah
How weird that they would list it in this press release as if it's an operating property, and one that has been renovated to meet the new standards. Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:39 am

It also seems odd that they would renovate the Sheraton Grand Dubai, I thought it was only a couple of years old.

Phoenix makes sense, Marriott owns that property, one of the very few they do. Denver is also old and needed it. I like that they're promoting the fact that the main building is by I.M. Pei more these days.

The new photos of Tel Aviv on the website look striking, but Guangzhou still has old photos. Strange they didn't update those.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I can see a post-covid world where Sheraton public spaces become the new hipster/millennial coffee shop experience of Apple products!
ExArkie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.