Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: brc01
Link: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=DD21

Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay* of two or more nights.

• Register now, then earn on stays from February 16 through April 27, 2021. Registration ends April 13, 2021.
  • Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits on each stay of two or more nights — with no earning limits.
  • Choose from thousands of hotels and resorts participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ worldwide. Travel confidently with flexible cancellation and our Commitment to Clean.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, gift cards, exclusive experiences and so much more.
Discover extraordinary hotel brands you'll love — whether you stay close to home or venture out.
Terms & Conditions:

A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy™ account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 13, 2021, will earn double points plus double Elite Night Credits on eligible paid stays of two nights or more during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between February 16, 2021, and April 27, 2021, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. The double points earning is only applicable to members’ base points earned per eligible stay. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits, and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points or double Elite Night Credits. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s Elite Night Credits or stay. Bonus Elite Night Credits will be awarded to the member’s account within 3–7 business days after the qualifying nights post. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating hotels, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Link to FAQs: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-27593

What is the Q1 2021 promotion? After you're registered for the promotion. Earn double points and double Elite Night Credits for stays of two nights or more, between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021.
What are the registration and earning dates? Register now through April 13, 2021. After you register for the promotion, you can earn on stays between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021. Stays made prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points and elite night credits with this promotion.
What is the registration link? You may register here: www.marriottbonvoy.com/bettertogether
Does this promotion have a maximum earning potential? With this promotion, you can earn unlimited bonus points. There is no limit to the number of bonus points you can earn during the promotion period.
Is the double points earning applicable to all points or just the member’s base points? Double points are only applicable to the base points you’ll earn on each stay.
Which hotels/brands do and do not participate in this promotion? All brands participate except Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay®, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks. Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, BVLGARI, and other hotels that do not currently participate in Marriott Bonvoy™ are also excluded from the promotion.
Do redemption stays qualify for earning? Only if a redemption stay includes at least one paid night, it will count toward the promotion offer of double points and double Elite Night Credits.
Do stays at The Ritz-Carlton count towards this promotion? Yes. Explore participating hotel brands here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi
Can Marriott associates participate in the promotion? Yes, Marriott associates are eligible to participate and earn double bonus points and elite night credits on eligible stays.
If a member earns airline miles, are they eligible for this promotion? If you’re currently earning airline miles, you are not eligible for this promotion. To earn points with this promotion, change your earning preference in your Membership Account Profile from miles to points.
If a member has two rooms at the same time with his or her family, do both rooms count toward bonus stays/nights if they’re paying for both? Only one room per hotel at a time will count as an eligible stay for the promotion offer even if member pays for additional rooms.

Example: Member paid for 3 rooms:
  • Only one room will earn elite night credit
  • Points will be earned on all 3 rooms providing they were all on one hotel bill.
If a member’s stay crosses over the promotion earning period dates, will their stay count toward promotion credit? If you are registered prior to your stay, your stay is eligible and if at least one night of your stay falls within the promotion period, it will count toward promotion credit.
When will the Points/Credits be added to my account? They will post 5-7 days after the Marriott Bonvoy™ stay occurs, providing all promotion terms were met.
Does the Elite Night Credit count towards Lifetime? Yes, providing the Marriott Bonvoy™ Member met the Promotion qualifications and earned Elite Night Credit they will count.
Do Double Points count for Incidentals? Double Points only apply to the Stay, not for incidentals (eg Dining).
Can members book through a third-party site and earn bonus points? No. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates are ineligible to earn points with this promotion. Book via the Marriott Bonvoy™ mobile app or on Marriott.com to ensure you earn your bonus points.
How do I as a Marriott Bonvoy™ member book a combination of both redemption stays and paid nights? Please visit How Do I Make a Cash + Points Reservation?
Does a Cash and Points Stay qualify for this promotion? A Cash and Point reservation for multiple nights comprising of both a paid rate and points.

Example:

Providing all Promotion terms were met and your Stay was for 6 Nights (5 Booked on Points and 1 Paid Night for a total of 6 Nights)
  • You will earn a Bonus of 6 Elite Night Credits (5 for the Redemption Nights and 1 for the Paid Night) 6 for Base + 6 Bonus =12 Net Total
  • You will earn Double Points on the Paid Night
What if my Stay crosses over the earning period? Providing all promotion terms are met a Member will earn Double Points for the eligible Stay (if at least 1 Night of the Stay falls within the Promotion earning period and at least 1 night is a Paid Rate). Double Elite Night Credits will only count for the Nights within the Promotion earning period.

© 2021 Marriott International, Inc.

Print Wikipost

2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No, because points stays are flexible, the paid night must be as well...
Thanks, appreciate the clarification.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I'm on a pay2/get3 promo at Sheraton. I presume I'll get 3 nights as that's what the booking is for and I technically paid for 3 nights, they just reduced the rate to make it look free for the third night.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Marriott IT cannot generate readable pdf files of hotel bills (folio). All of my three recent stays had this problem. It is pretty sad.
I have noticed this as well
Old Mar 12, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
14 night stay finished on the 10th. Nothing posted as of today.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:12 am

No worries. Resolved

Last edited by SkyElite; Mar 12, 2021 at 8:40 am
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
My second data point on a five-night cash stay from 6-11 March.

Stay posted as usual one day after checkout in the afternoon with the usual staggered updates to the various totals (points, spend, nights, activity) over a few hours and not quite in sync between the web site and the app. Stay posted correctly with both the points and nights bonuses appearing in their correct places. Points posted first, followed a few hours later by the nights in both year to date and lifetime totals and the actual stay appearing in the Activity list.

I've got at least two more three-night cash stays to post over the next week. Seems plain sailing for straightforward cash stays in China.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by toooldtostayoutlate
I got the same 10-14 days for my cash and points stay last week. Trusting them on this, I'm in the midst of another 6 night stay and have another 8 night res. in 10 days.
I got the same email regarding my stay that straddled the promotion start date. I patiently waited until today which is the 15th business day after the stay posted and nothing so far. Has anyone gotten their points or nights after response from lurker?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
14 night stay finished on the 10th. Nothing posted as of today.
When a hotel stay takes time to post anything. The party most likely at fault is the hotel, their accounting/management department is slow at filing your hotel bill in Marriott's systems.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
So, nobody has gotten a Cash+points stay to post yet? Only by contacting Lurkers?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kyushuman
So, nobody has gotten a Cash+points stay to post yet? Only by contacting Lurkers?

My first cash and points was manually posted after contacting lurkers and they sent it to another department. Second stay was told I need to wait 10 days. I am now in my this stay so I will need to do two more manual fixes 😁
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Here's what I think went wrong: massive communications cock-up. Whoever wrote the FAQs for this promo got it wrong and Bonvoy is now having to honour all these cash-and-points bookings and edge cases that straddle the start/end dates but they're having to do so manually because the bonus award system was not programmed to handle these types of cases in this way.

Logically,, irrespective of check in or out date, the double points and double nights should only apply to cash nights within the bonus period. This is what promos are intended to encourage and it would be consistent with previous bonuses and would be straightforward to programme. This is what appears to have been programmed as my cash stays have posted exactly as promised on time.

But somebody wrote an incorrect FAQ and this was confirmed by other Marriott representatives and people went off and made bookings based on that advice and we are where we are. Whoever misinterpreted the promo T&Cs and wrote the original FAQ should be punished for causing this fiasco. Likely they'll be promoted.
SPN Lifer, kauppias and hoipolloi like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I'm on a pay2/get3 promo at Sheraton. I presume I'll get 3 nights as that's what the booking is for and I technically paid for 3 nights, they just reduced the rate to make it look free for the third night.
Following on this as there is a hotel I am looking to book hopefully by tonight - it's a buy one get one free night (Rate will be reduced at check in).
Old Mar 12, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
I've been scouring the thread but am unable to get what i'm looking for perhaps more seasoned travelers may be able to shed a light.

I have a 7 night cat 4 cert which I want to get rid of, will I be able to combine 2 paid stays + 7 night cert to get 18 elite nights based on promo. or 1 paid stay + 7 night for 18 elite nights.
I've read on paper that it was possible but I'm curious if anyone has actually done it before.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
My goodness a promotion shouldn't be this hard on the customer. I have an upcoming stay and remembered this promo. So, I logged in to my account to register and received the error message so many others received. I called and should now be registered. Then, I came to this thread.

Wow.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 8:04 am

Wow, not sure when it happened, but it looks like they have adjusted the FAQ page to remove any mention of cases that overlap the start/end date of the promotion. I really hope they don't try and say that the overlap scenario was never part of the FAQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.