Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott usually have a promotion in January?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Marriott usually have a promotion in January?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by LAX
I was referring to end date of promo. You have 31 March 2022 in your post. I figured it was likely a typo.
You're right. It was. I've now corrected it. I thought you meant the month as the following person said his or her promo ends Feb and my husband's ends March. My mistake.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
They aren’t targeting this Titanium with $10k spend and 150 EQNs for sure...
This Titanium with $3.8K spend and 100 EQNs was targeted. Not as juicy as some offers, 1.5K, 3.0K & 4.5K points after 1, 2 & 3 stays for a toal of 9.0K, but still something. Relative to earnings on historically low rates, they are still decent. I have already completed 2 stays and will have my third on Tuesday. This is a bonus on stays I had already booked so I am not complaining. I am still getting great value out of Bonvoy, albeit most of my stays are outside the US where customer service is a concept (some excell, others languish) rather than a culture.

James
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Interesting. My offer is also 22.5K possible points, but I only need 2 stays to get it, not 3.

SanDiego1K and margarita girl like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FWIW, the promos shown above are targeted and not a general "MegaBonus":

Most offers to FTers posted here:

Promotion: Earn up to two Free Night Awards

David
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
This Titanium with $3.8K spend and 100 EQNs was targeted. Not as juicy as some offers, 1.5K, 3.0K & 4.5K points after 1, 2 & 3 stays for a toal of 9.0K, but still something. Relative to earnings on historically low rates, they are still decent. I have already completed 2 stays and will have my third on Tuesday. This is a bonus on stays I had already booked so I am not complaining. I am still getting great value out of Bonvoy, albeit most of my stays are outside the US where customer service is a concept (some excell, others languish) rather than a culture.

James
I am on 75 nights and $11000+ spend but haven’t received a single targeted promotion.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your stays, though. It sounds like the trick is to avoid any Marriott in the US...
skywalkerLAX and yurtripper like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Guate87
Marriott offered me 22,500 points: 6,000 after my second stay, 7,500 after my third and 9,000 after my fourth. Marriott gives me 3 months to complete this.
I got this as well.

I prefer 3x/4x on all stays at Hyatt.
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I think Marriott has decided they don't need to offer promos to their most loyal clients. They have that revenue in the bag.
I suspect it's much more random than that.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DELee
FWIW, the promos shown above are targeted and not a general "MegaBonus":

Most offers to FTers posted here:

Promotion: Earn up to two Free Night Awards

David
Exactly. I didn’t think OP was asking about targeted promos but rather a promo that everyone is eligible for (even the people who can’t register due to Marriott’s broken IT).
ryw and Radiation Station like this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
No targeted promotion for me ... only those credit card offer that I cant use as I not reside in US A
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
This titanium with 163 EQN has received zero targeted promotion in 2020.

I just switched my address from China to the US. Let's see if that makes any difference.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kb1992
This titanium with 163 EQN has received zero targeted promotion in 2020.

I just switched my address from China to the US. Let's see if that makes any difference.
Won't mean scrap. Same here, Titanium with 100+ nights and zero targeted promotion the entire year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.