Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2021 Targeted Promotion Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Targeted Promotion Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
My sympathies. You've been Bonv°yed!
Old Dec 29, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It might be worthwhile to wait for Marriott to release the next quarterly promo and then stack them.
This is my plan. Even if it's something like 2K points per stay again, extra 4K would be terrific. If nothing comes around by March then I'll just do the stays without one.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Nice one!

My offer is not as generous:

- 4,500 points after first stay
- 7,500 points after second stay

Will max out this week and then back to Hyatt.

Ditto.. Just registered as I just happened to have two stays planned in two weeks... Seems like Santa liked a select few others with the number of points being awards for a mere two-night stay.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Still no targeted offer for me. I've not had one since Marriott took over.

I'm not furious but I have taken my business to Hyatt - I write this while sitting in a Park Hyatt

QUOTE=ftrichard;32922512]Still no targeted offer for me. I've not had one since Marriott took over.

That's it. I'm furious. I'm taking my business to Best Western.[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Just an interesting data point to add: previously no targeted offer but shortly after a stay which gave 75th night for year cleared, hence upgraded me from platinum to titanium, the following appeared:

1st stay get 6000, 2nd 7500 & 3rd 9000.

Interesting that it showed up after the status change, probably coincidence?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Well that puts to rest the speculation that if you stay too much, you won’t get any targeted offers!

Thanks for the data point!
Maybe Marriott's system thinks they got his business so no need to target him with a promotion.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
Maybe Marriott's system thinks they got his business so no need to target him with a promotion.
It doesn’t help that I will have stays booked from the 29th to 9th... Argh...
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Still no targeted offer for me. I've not had one since Marriott took over.

That's it. I'm furious. I'm taking my business to Best Western.
Same here.

I will end this year with 163 EQN.

No promotion from Marriott. Oh well....
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lsquare
What? RobOnLi had over 300 nights this year and was targeted with a 22,500 pt promo.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
Just an interesting data point to add: previously no targeted offer but shortly after a stay which gave 75th night for year cleared, hence upgraded me from platinum to titanium, the following appeared:

I also just went from Platinum to Titanium and received the confirmation email but unfortunately no promotion for me.

I’ve never received a targeted promotion from Marriott.

No idea how Marriott’s algorithm works as there doesn’t seem to be a rhyme nor reason to it.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
I received this one today

Earn up to 18,000 bonus points on eligible paid stays that include a weekend night.
Register today.
Stay at any of our 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 03/31/2021.
Get 4,000 points after your first eligible stay* that includes a weekend night**, 6,000 points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 8,000 points after your third eligible stay that includes a weekend night.
*A "stay" is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of checkin/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
**A weekend night is defined as a Friday or Saturday night.

I found a $205 (including taxes) three night stay at a hotel starting Friday night. Would a pre-payed, non-refundable if cancelled, Non-Commissionable Rate count?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Moflav
I received this one today

Earn up to 18,000 bonus points on eligible paid stays that include a weekend night.
Register today.
Stay at any of our 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 03/31/2021.
Get 4,000 points after your first eligible stay* that includes a weekend night**, 6,000 points after your second eligible stay that includes a weekend night and 8,000 points after your third eligible stay that includes a weekend night.
*A "stay" is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of checkin/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).
**A weekend night is defined as a Friday or Saturday night.

I found a $205 (including taxes) three night stay at a hotel starting Friday night. Would a pre-payed, non-refundable if cancelled, Non-Commissionable Rate count?
Yes, that would count as one stay and you'd get 4000 points.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:19 am

Nothing here either with 79 EQN’s! The more you stay, the less they want to entice you to do so...
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:27 am

Same happened to me requalifying as Tit.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

We got that offer yesterday, we've been Platinum for about a year, never going to sniff Titanium. We have two 1 night stays since the pandemic started, normally would have had 20-30 nights in Bonvoy beds by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.