Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x
It was an award stay, but that should be irrelevant.
But could that be what’s holding it back? Not sure what proof Marriott is looking for as far as proof of stay. I would think a print out of competing member activity would do. And how would they even know if it’s an award stay. Anyways, hope you get it all figured out soon.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:22 am
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Originally Posted by kkg
5 days already and no news yet...
10 days now and still waiting...
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
7 days and waiting here. Seems like the Status Match-team took the holidays off
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by xslash10x
Ugh, after 7 days, I got an email saying that my status match request was denied due to incomplete documentation even though I submitted clear screen shots of my status and recent stay. So frustrated.
Did you send them a folio? I got denied twice, then I realised I got mix up with Hilton match which require us to send screenshot of last 12 months stay, so I resubmitted and sent them a hotel receipt from a recent stay. It didn't take long after that and my account got approved as Platinum. Maybe you need to show a paid stay even it's just one night stay.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:59 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Originally Posted by kkg
10 days now and still waiting...
Finally got the email of successful matching on the 11th day.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Has anyone ever status matched from Hyatt to Marriott? I'm Globalist and Gold, respectively. If so, what is the process and how long was the match for? I don't want to pull the trigger now if the clock starts ticking bc don't have a Marriott stay for a while.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:58 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Bumping the thread. Would be interested, too.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Called the Reservations number this afternoon about booking a corp rate and the rep said they stopped status match. Currently Hilton Diamond and looking to try out Marriott
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Does Marriott status match from Hilton Diamond?

Am Gold on Marriott and Diamond on Hilton. Actually much prefer Marriott. Since there's not a higher status on Hilton really don't feel the need to continue to stay, but also don't wan to lose any current benefits I get.

Will Marriott match to Platinum or Titanium? Have about $12,000 in stays this year on Hilton.

Last edited by Zoltar; Mar 10, 2024 at 2:55 pm
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:31 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Zoltar
Does Marriott status match from Hilton Diamond?

Am Gold on Marriott and Diamond on Hilton. Actually much prefer Marriott. Since there's not a higher status on Hilton really don't feel the need to continue to stay, but also don't wan to lose any current benefits I get.

Will Marriott match to Platinum or Titanium? Have about $12,000 in stays this year on Hilton.

cc: Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Not sure why you copied the Marriott Lurker when Google would have given you the answer. Marriott doesn't do status matches. "[Y]ou may have luck calling Marriott Bonvoy to see if your account is eligible for a targeted status challenge. For example, some Marriott Bonvoy members have reported receiving the challenge of staying 16 nights in 90 days for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status." No reports of a challenge for Titanium.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by dayone
"[Y]ou may have luck calling Marriott Bonvoy to see if your account is eligible for a targeted status challenge. For example, some Marriott Bonvoy members have reported receiving the challenge of staying 16 nights in 90 days for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status."
This is available to everyone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Originally Posted by dayone
Not sure why you copied the Marriott Lurker when Google would have given you the answer. Marriott doesn't do status matches. "[Y]ou may have luck calling Marriott Bonvoy to see if your account is eligible for a targeted status challenge. For example, some Marriott Bonvoy members have reported receiving the challenge of staying 16 nights in 90 days for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status." No reports of a challenge for Titanium.
Thanks, yes I was aware of the challenge and I was looking for the match. I have seen varying reports of a match.

Originally Posted by iknowthings
This is available to everyone.
Exactly. Challenge isn't very compelling for a frequent traveler, not sure why anyone would give up on their benefits for 16ish nights for just a challenge. There's an actual cost to the guest in that case where they are losing out not just on soft benefits but actual bonus points.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:28 pm

Why are you missing out?

You just activate the challenge on the phone. It doesn’t affect any promotions. The only rule is that you have to populate 16 real nights.

In countries without a credit card program that’s still a great way to make Plat.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by CrossTravel
Why are you missing out?

You just activate the challenge on the phone. It doesn’t affect any promotions. The only rule is that you have to populate 16 real nights.

In countries without a credit card program that’s still a great way to make Plat.
Would be missing out on the benefits associated with existing competitor status (bonus points, soft benefits, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.