Marriott Status Match

Old Dec 14, 20, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Marriott Status Match

I am hoping to jump of my Marriott Status Match with some Christmas bookings I have coming up.

I have just submitted my status match application since it has very much been a last minute booking.

Does anyone know how long they usually take to come back and approve the match?

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 20, 11:56 am

Would like to know as well and if there's a way to expedite. Have a stay coming up in 3 days.
Old Dec 16, 20, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
I submitted mine on Monday evening and got matched this morning. So about 36 hours in my case!
Old Dec 16, 20, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by lax555 View Post
I submitted mine on Monday evening and got matched this morning. So about 36 hours in my case!
Thanks for that info! Hopefully mine gets approved in that timeframe.
Old Dec 16, 20, 11:58 pm

I had mine in than 24 hours.
Old Dec 18, 20, 6:22 am
Original Poster

This is annoying mine is still not approved (Hilton Diamond) and it has now been over 72 hours.

I redacted my proof of status and stay (address membership no etc) as advised on the sign up form. Not sure if this made a difference.
Old Dec 18, 20, 10:08 am

I'm now 3 days in as well with no updates. I contacted them on Twitter and they said status matches are handled by a special team and they can't help in any way. Couldn't even confirm whether they received my request or not. Pretty frustrating as I have a 6 night stay coming up tomorrow.
Old Dec 19, 20, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Data point.

In the end it was 3.5 days (nearing 4) before I get a confirmation that my status match had been approved. Then a few hours later my account was updated.

Fairly painless even if cutting it a bit fine for my holiday plans.
Old Dec 20, 20, 2:58 pm

Over 5 days and still waiting....
Old Dec 22, 20, 3:27 pm

Ugh, after 7 days, I got an email saying that my status match request was denied due to incomplete documentation even though I submitted clear screen shots of my status and recent stay. So frustrated.
Old Dec 22, 20, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xslash10x View Post
Ugh, after 7 days, I got an email saying that my status match request was denied due to incomplete documentation even though I submitted clear screen shots of my status and recent stay. So frustrated.
I don't think one stay is generally enough as documentation. You basically want to prove that you earned your status, so something showing all of your nights would be needed.
Old Dec 22, 20, 3:39 pm

is your recent stay an award or revenue stay? I donít know the criteria but was wondering.
Old Dec 22, 20, 3:42 pm
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
I am sorry to hear that. That type of service is par for the course even for existing Marriott elites, even myself as a AE tier. For example, my stays still post 50% of the time. Sometimes the Ambassador Desk will resolve it for me and sometimes they tell me I must fill out a Missing Stay Request on the website, and then even though I have completely documented my stay and charges they will reply back saying that they cannot post it. It is infuriating.
Old Dec 23, 20, 4:42 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
5 days already and no news yet...

Last edited by kkg; Dec 23, 20 at 11:12 pm
Old Dec 28, 20, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by myperks View Post
is your recent stay an award or revenue stay? I donít know the criteria but was wondering.
It was an award stay, but that should be irrelevant.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: