Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Top 20 Most Redeemed Bonvoy Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 20 Most Redeemed Bonvoy Properties

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CPRich
I don't get the complaints.
Marriott sucks, SPG was perfect, rinse and repeat...
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:04 pm

No.5 in Asia
Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok? Really? I know it is a cat 3 property but still. You can literally redeem a 35k cert at St Regis instead.

Last edited by ultrawin; Dec 16, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by ultrawin
No.5 in Asia
Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok? Really? I know it is a cat 3 property but still. You can literally redeem a 35k cert at St Regis instead.
I don't see why that stands out as being strange. There are way more points in circulation than 35k certificates - and not many people have multiple certs to cover more than one night.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
The only one in the top 10 worldwide list that i have stayed is the Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui. It is a beautiful property and yes I stayed on points for 9 nights. Absolutely worth it to stay there using points.

I was surprised by Marriott Waikiki Oahu being on the list, but Sheraton Waikiki isn't. Sheraton Waikiki is in much better location, and also has plenty of rooms available.
happychic likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
I don't get the complaints.
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Marriott sucks, SPG was perfect, rinse and repeat...
We've been Bonv°yed!
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ultrawin
No.5 in Asia
People like it cheap. It's not a horrible hotel but keep in mind that this includes redemptions by ALL Bonvoy members, most don't even have status.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is the Westin any good?
It is a nice hotel but it is more about location. You walk right to the terminal. The Denver airport is so far from everything that this hotel is the best option. I don’t remember but I think it was a good redemption value when I stayed years ago given the room rate.

When ranking most redeemed is it stays or nights? No reason to stay at this Westin more than 1 night in a stay, since there is nothing to do except the airport.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and ryw like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I'm somewhat surprised by how many on the list are in Florida (20% of the top 20). I suppose that's indicative of the Marriott award-redeeming customer base.

Has anyone stayed / redeemed several from the list?

I have been to two: Orlando World Center Marriot and Westin Tokyo (redeemed for neither).
I have stayed at six of them: Sheraton Sand Key, Westin DEN, Gaylord Kissimmee, Orlando World Marriott, Swan, Sheraton Times Square. None are aspirational properties, but there was a reason for each. Living in Orlando the Sand Key is a close beach weekend place, have been there many times. In the legacy SPG days, it was the only FL gulf hotel besides Destin which is far.

Have sort of stayed at Aruba Renaissance but when it was Sonesta.

Have visited without staying at Aruba Marriott, Maui Marriott, NY Marriott marquis while staying at other local properties.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by Horace
Exactly!

Also, what's the time period? 2019?

In 2019, the Westin Denver International Airport was a Category 5 property. As the only hotel connected to DIA's Jeppesen Terminal -- unlike other airports where there are often several equally good (or equally bad) Marriott Bonvoy choices near the airport -- this Westin was the great place to use a 35K annual credit card night cert. And it's rather large hotel at a busy airport. I can see these factors leading to many one-night redemption stays.

Westin DIA now Category 6, so it's likely to drop off the "Top 20" list.
The Sheratons in Seattle and Clearwater also were previously lower categories than other Marriott properties in the area, but have gone up since then. I expect both to fall off the list this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.