Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott - 2021 Elite Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Kacee
How's this for consistency:
Bonvoy sucks and I don't care about 2021 status requirements.
Works for me!
lsquare and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
Still trying to wrap my head around why anyone cares.

40% of the posts on this forum are complaints about how meaningless Bonvoy status is and how utterly shabbily Marriott treats Bonvoy elites.

40% of the posts on this forum are complaints about Marriott not making it easier to attain or retain Bonvoy elite status.

Some organizations just take longer. Do some of us like that? No, but as they say patience is bitter but it's fruit could be sweet.

To Marriott, I say it's always better to fail in doing something than to excel in doing nothing
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:49 pm

40% of the posts on this forum are complaints about how meaningless Bonvoy status is and how utterly shabbily Marriott treats Bonvoy elites.

40% of the posts on this forum are complaints about Marriott not making it easier to attain or retain Bonvoy elite status.

more like 75% and 75%....

and 75% of the above group complains and still stay at Marriotts...

some members should just renounce their annual or lifetime status

Last edited by myperks; Jan 9, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mileageking
I have a feeling they will do something.
They will but they are always the last to announce it meaning that as every day passes, more and more members get tempted by other loyalty programmes, not necessarily meaning a full switch but at the very least, 15-30 nights for each of these members going to another chain. Marriott’s objective now should be to get members staying and spending at their hotels in Q1 - there’s no need to announce requalification yet but double nights or triple points with extra bonus after 5 nights, would keep things ticking over until we have a clearer picture of the travel situation for the rest of the year.

Marriott has been sleepwalking into 2021... it WILL wake up soon but it might already be too late. I’ve booked 45 nights at Hyatt in Jan/Feb and only 2 at Marriott, for example.
asnovici and kauppias like this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott focusing on doing targeted A/B testing (or even C, where you get bupkis) with their loyals just shows you how screwed up their priorities are. Fine to do that in a good economy & performing hotel industry - quite stupid when it's hit rock bottom, business travel is dead, and your competitors are far more aggressive trying to increase their share of the (much smaller) pie.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Some organizations just take longer. Do some of us like that? No, but as they say patience is bitter but it's fruit could be sweet.
No offense, but when was the fruit ever sweet with Marriott?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
No offense, but when was the fruit ever sweet with Marriott?
No offence taken June 15 email was acceptable.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
To Marriott, I say it's always better to fail in doing something than to excel in doing nothing
Nah, that only works when the final product is furnished and perfect. The SPG merge took its time and yet was complete trash.

Marriott take things slow but quality is of no guarantee.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

That is not necessarily inconsistent because the two 40%'s could be two different groups of people -- one group who are fans of Marriott and the other group that isn't.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I could easily requalify based on 100 nights, but the $20k spend requirement is a steeper hurdle to clear in normal year, let alone now. Since the value of having AMB status has gone down at least for me based on service I get, I would no longer be willing to hit $20k to keep status in the current conditions. Most likely they will make it easier to renew status and if they lower the bar then fine, but the longer they wait to inform me where the bar will be, the less likely I will make it unless it's $10k or even lower.

I will not illogically avoid some Marriott properties I like just for the sake of it, but in many markets we have choices and right now it makes more sense to pick other chains when choices are comparable.
SPN Lifer, lsquare, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
That doesn't help current ambassador status members on the $20k requirement.
Is Ambassador even worth it during COVID?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I can't see that. Hilton has a lot more credit card products and agreements worldwide that give immediate HHonors Gold and in some cases even Diamond. Their various status fast tracks have also been available worldwide and for at least a decade or longer.

Hilton's status relief and double night promotions have also been global and there has been very little targeted campaigning. From my perspective Hilton has been extremely fair to all members.
I was an idiot for getting Gold from my CC so I was never able to get Diamond from a status match.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:11 am

I haven't had Marriott status in years - though it looks like I'm spitting distance to lifetime Gold thanks to their adding in SPG stays - but I figured I'd see what kind of promos they were offering. I have literally nothing in my offers, and I am surprised. Further, it didn't look like they've changed anything globally for the year - it just seems so strange.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Not worth at $20k during COVID.
lsquare, anteater and jjLDNY like this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by lsquare
Ambassador isn't worth it NOT during Covid. I have hit Ambassador and I knew more than my Ambassador.
lsquare, Kacee, anteater and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.