Marriott - 2021 Elite Requirements

Old Dec 1, 20, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM& 1MM; Marriott Platinum; HHonors Gold
Marriott - 2021 Elite Requirements

Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021 - so, both Hyatt and Hilton have changed their requirements.

Is Bonvoy going to respond?
Old Dec 1, 20, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by metalblaze View Post
Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021 - so, both Hyatt and Hilton have changed their requirements.

Is Bonvoy going to respond?
Hopefully not. Weíve got enough elites already.
DJ_Iceman, 360guy, cruisr and 18 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I expect a repeat of the free night credits based on your status. It's a nicer formula to keep your elites happy, without making it stupid easy for just anybody to get status...

Unlikely to see anything imaginative on double elite night credits, etc. For some bizarre reason, they don't even think they need a bonus point promo...
Old Dec 1, 20, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier View Post
Hopefully not. Weíve got enough elites already.
Totally agree. Lifetime Titanium. Never stayed for business. Have 75 nights this year and have well over every year for 14 years. I get no more than a Platinum with a Marriott CC and a double nights promo at some hotels, i.e. they may have stayed about 20 nights in a year to get their drinks vouchers, breakfast and lounge access.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 5:19 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
It makes very little sense to reduce qualification levels before the year has even started. The first calendar quarter will likely be bleak but if by the spring the vaccine is widely available and things begin to normal, why give away status early in the year and give people no incentive to stay again when travel returns to more normal levels?
kennycrudup and fotoflyer88 like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott is going to go against the grain and raise nights by level / Ambassador spend by 20% as a fun experiment to see how many people still do it even with reduced service
Old Dec 1, 20, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
It makes very little sense to reduce qualification levels before the year has even started.
The rationale is that people are already planning 2021 stays, and Hilton and Hyatt have now got a jump on that business.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:01 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
I must admit that I am seriously looking at Hyatt given their latest promo and possibility of reaching Globalist in 15 nights, however, it will come down to the footprint and also whether I can be bothered to switch (I'm 100% leisure so don't only manage about 50 nights per year). I heard their programme is the closest to the old SPG. Marriott lacks promotions and once I hit 50 this year to get the 5 SNAs (with the 25-night credit), I'll stop staying.
fotoflyer88 and UA-NYC like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
No new update from Bonvoy since April? Wow, Im confused. Most other programs have made at least some updates regarding points expiration and suite upgrade benefits in Q3 and Q4.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
What are people hoping they respond with? They hand out Platinum like candy and that's where the benefits are.
360guy, cur and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Dec 1, 20, 8:53 pm
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
Originally Posted by jjLDNY View Post
What are people hoping they respond with? They hand out Platinum like candy and that's where the benefits are.
I was hoping they would use 2020 to thin the elite herds, but since they have essentially neutered the Ambassador Elite tier it doesnít really bother me anymore.
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
No new update from Bonvoy since April? Wow, Im confused. Most other programs have made at least some updates regarding points expiration and suite upgrade benefits in Q3 and Q4.
Did you miss the one from October?
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24 View Post
I must admit that I am seriously looking at Hyatt given their latest promo and possibility of reaching Globalist in 15 nights, however, it will come down to the footprint and also whether I can be bothered to switch (I'm 100% leisure so don't only manage about 50 nights per year). I heard their programme is the closest to the old SPG. Marriott lacks promotions and once I hit 50 this year to get the 5 SNAs (with the 25-night credit), I'll stop staying.
Iím also going to pursue Hyatt status. The beauty of leisure travel is you can choose where you want to go, so a smaller footprint is of less consequence. I planned many of my trips pre-merger based on where the aspirational SPG properties were located. No reason not to do the same with Hyatt.
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Iím also going to pursue Hyatt status. The beauty of leisure travel is you can choose where you want to go, so a smaller footprint is of less consequence. I planned many of my trips pre-merger based on where the aspirational SPG properties were located. No reason not to do the same with Hyatt.
I know itís a bit off topic, but which aspirational Hyatt properties do you have your eye on?
Old Dec 1, 20, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
I know itís a bit off topic, but which aspirational Hyatt properties do you have your eye on?
I havenít got that far yet! However Japan is on my radar screen. Iíve also heard wonderful things about the Bali property.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: