FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Bonvoy App down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2026804-bonvoy-app-down.html)

myperks Feb 5, 21 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33017360)
I have made the mistake multiple times thinking I was booking with points but then when I go back to look online it says I used one of my certs via the app and had to call Marriott to complain.

All award reservations say “a certificate has been attached” whether you use a stay certificate or points.

Historically, stay certificates cannot be booked on the app. The only way to do it is via a web browser (which can also be on the mobile site). What you said seems to be completely opposite (even with Marriott’s IT system). Having said that, if you do book on mobile site or web browser, cert eligible booking will show up as a payment method first and you need to click down to use points instead of a certificate.

WScottsdaleInsider Feb 5, 21 1:58 pm

Doesnt look like in the new app you can viewing individualized points earning for past stays. Before you'd see how the balance is broken down of base points, elite bonus, 1,000 points, any promotions etc. Now it's all combined in one amount.

MaxFlyer Feb 6, 21 12:29 am

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider (Post 33018742)
Doesnt look like in the new app you can viewing individualized points earning for past stays. Before you'd see how the balance is broken down of base points, elite bonus, 1,000 points, any promotions etc. Now it's all combined in one amount.

I can still see the breakdown for past stays. You have to click through to the stay and drill down.

escape4 Feb 7, 21 7:10 am

Is there anything improved in the new app or should I keep the old one?

Kacee Feb 7, 21 9:29 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 33021409)
Is there anything improved in the new app or should I keep the old one?

You can now retain search preferences (number of guests and rates).

I dislike the interface intensely and wish I could go back.

SPN Lifer Feb 7, 21 10:37 am

Sometimes it pays off not being an early adopter. 🤠

Kacee Feb 7, 21 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 33021741)
Sometimes it pays off not being an early adopter. 🤠

Unfortunately my iPhone is set to autoupdate apps. Overall I prefer that, but occasionally there's a downside.

myperks Feb 7, 21 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33021619)

Pre-update iOS retained rate preferences as well... (not sure about number of guests)

Sohan Feb 7, 21 9:49 pm

Personally a fan of the new UI. Don't use the app for much other than requesting house keeping or doing quick searches in a bind.

escape4 Feb 8, 21 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Sohan (Post 33022839)
Personally a fan of the new UI. Don't use the app for much other than requesting house keeping or doing quick searches in a bind.

Yes but we already had that with the old app. I am perhaps not the best judge on how to allocate corporate resources but given current issues it sounds like there would have been better uses of Marriott IT manpower than rolling out a new app which does almost everything the same but looks different :confused:

Intl359Widget Feb 8, 21 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33021619)

I dislike this updated version as well... it's made it challenging to compare several hotels even with the grid feature.

MaxFlyer Feb 8, 21 2:28 pm

The view portfolio/invoice feature doesn’t seem to work for me. Nothing happens when I click in the links even if they are highlighted. The links to call the hotel does work.

rickfromla Feb 10, 21 11:29 pm

Anyone figure out where to find parking rates on the updated app? Under the amenities section, every hotel says Parking: Indoor/outdoor valet. Can't get prices anymore and don't want to call each hotel for rates.

Thanks!

GoSh4rks Feb 10, 21 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by rickfromla (Post 33029878)
Anyone figure out where to find parking rates on the updated app? Under the amenities section, every hotel says Parking: Indoor/outdoor valet. Can't get prices anymore and don't want to call each hotel for rates.

Thanks!

It's in the same place where I looked in the previous app - on the final page just before you finalize the booking.

MaxFlyer Feb 12, 21 8:21 am

The New York hotels erroring out in a search issue has been fixed. It must of been a backend db issue as it didn’t get fixed with an update.