FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Bonvoy App down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2026804-bonvoy-app-down.html)

pmaddock Oct 13, 20 7:54 am

Bonvoy App down?

Is it just me or is the Bonvoy App down again?

reggiekush Oct 13, 20 8:07 am

Originally Posted by pmaddock (Post 32744229)
Is it just me or is the Bonvoy App down again?

I've been using it on and off again to make 2 reservations and message 2 hotels. I'm currently in Turkey if that matters.

Drwaz99 Oct 13, 20 8:50 am

The app was working a bit ago for me, but now I can't log in on the app or on my desktop. Something's broken for sure.

enelym1978 Oct 13, 20 8:56 am

Yup it's down.... their regular desktop website is down too.... yay.

alxir Oct 13, 20 9:03 am

Website down 11AM Eastern Time Zone - USA

reggiekush Oct 13, 20 9:04 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 32744428)
Yup it's down.... their regular desktop website is down too.... yay.

Hot sh*t. My first experience with this. I just booked my room for tomorrow not to long ago as well. :eek:. Best not procrastinate with this IT i see. That could have been bad.

arjen05 Oct 13, 20 10:08 am

All working fine from Europe

reggiekush Oct 13, 20 10:12 am

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 32744613)
All working fine from Europe

App and website working fine in Turkey atm.

cmd320 Oct 13, 20 6:56 pm

To be fair, was it ever up?

Global Adventurer Oct 14, 20 7:13 am

I had an issue trying to book a room for NYC. I just gave up. Will try again today.

Sam P. Goodman Oct 14, 20 7:14 am

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32745908)
To be fair, was it ever up?

This. I consistently have issues with it across multiple devices. Android iOS. Wifi and 4G. Perform a search for a hotel....nothing. Close app try again. Sometimes success...Sometimes not.

skywalkerLAX Oct 14, 20 2:04 pm

Both website and app have been working fine for me the entire week. I used the app daily for messaging and check-ins.

enelym1978 Feb 3, 21 1:07 am

So..... they updated the app overnight, I did the update and now it's all screwed up, surprise surprise :) My LT night counts are completely off...... it shows 321 out of 250 to reach LT Silver (I've been LT Silver for a few years already) and then my LT year count is down to 0 in all tiers..... Supposed to be 9 for Silver Gold or Plat, 9 for Gold or Plat and 5 for Plat....

Anyone else has a better draw ? :rolleyes:

lewis_m Feb 3, 21 5:41 am

I got 19, 12 and 5 instead of 7, 7 and 5 as sliver, gold and plat. Better than 0s across the board!

khabah Feb 3, 21 5:46 am

I went from 9-9-9 Silver-Gold-Plat to 27, 18 and 9... which means I would've first made Silver when I was 5. Sweet!

No but seriously, can we just tip that tenth year over, please?

khabah

DELee Feb 3, 21 6:40 am

no change to any totals for me at least in the app - just checked.

good luck!

David

itisme Feb 3, 21 7:58 am

Finding the new app very messy. Improvement in 'graphics' doesn't mean easier/handy.

MaxFlyer Feb 3, 21 12:31 pm

Still not able to search for hotels in New York even in the updated app. So frustrating.

cmd320 Feb 3, 21 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 33013237)
I went from 9-9-9 Silver-Gold-Plat to 27, 18 and 9... which means I would've first made Silver when I was 5. Sweet!

No but seriously, can we just tip that tenth year over, please?

khabah

Well apparently Iíve been silver more years than Iíve been alive so there really should be some kind of extra-special gift for that...

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 33014135)
Still not able to search for hotels in New York even in the updated app. So frustrating.

Havenít all the NY hotels gone bankrupt at this point?

SPN Lifer Feb 3, 21 6:08 pm

Settings >> About This App >> Version 9.32.0

No problems here.

ymx Feb 3, 21 8:10 pm

Just updated to the new iPhone app. Despite the fact that they made the UI more in line with typical UI with navigation icons at the bottom, the entire UI seems pretty rough compared to the prior version.

Anybody else having trouble locating their free night certificates in the new app update?

ymx Feb 3, 21 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ymx (Post 33014982)
Anybody else having trouble locating their free night certificates in the new app update?

Seems the Free Night Certificates section was delayed and now it is showing.

Marriott15 Feb 3, 21 11:05 pm

My issue with the app is it always wants me to use my certificates instead of points. I can't book a stay on the app for points if I have certificates available. I have to long into it through a website

myperks Feb 3, 21 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33015190)
My issue with the app is it always wants me to use my certificates instead of points. I can't book a stay on the app for points if I have certificates available. I have to long into it through a website

i donít think Iíve seen anyone report having that problem because historically you canít book cert stays on app, always only available on desktop. Even with the app update, I canít book certs stays on the app.

loyalStarwoodfan Feb 4, 21 12:50 am

Lifetime stats missing

Updated to new app version on iOS..canít seem to find how to display lifetime stats, only nights for this year showing..any pointers?

enelym1978 Feb 4, 21 5:19 am

Originally Posted by loyalStarwoodfan (Post 33015300)
Updated to new app version on iOS..canít seem to find how to display lifetime stats, only nights for this year showing..any pointers?

It's under "Account" -> then unde the big night count, there is a LT status, click on "View Progress" and scroll all the way down.... but that's when it becomes completely off....
It displays:

Years as Silver, Gold or Plat 23
Years as Gold or Plat 14
Years as Plat 5

Which is completely wrong for me, it should be (as displayed correctly on the desktop website):

Years as Silver, Gold or Plat 9
Years as Gold or Plat 9
Years as Plat 5

So it seems the app just adds all the years together (9+9+5=23) which is hilarious and then 9+5 to get me LT Gold or Plat :rolleyes:

Good luck....

enelym1978 Feb 4, 21 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 33014135)

I did some random search and it looks fine.... did some March 2021 and June 2021 and it returned plenty of results.

MaxFlyer Feb 4, 21 6:11 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 33015507)
I did some random search and it looks fine.... did some March 2021 and June 2021 and it returned plenty of results.

The issue for me at least, is just with New York via the app for any date. I can search via the website fine.

cmd320 Feb 4, 21 7:28 pm

Todayís update seems to have corrected the excessive lifetime year issues.

Marriott15 Feb 4, 21 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 33015197)
i donít think Iíve seen anyone report having that problem because historically you canít book cert stays on app, always only available on desktop. Even with the app update, I canít book certs stays on the app.

I have made the mistake multiple times thinking I was booking with points but then when I go back to look online it says I used one of my certs via the app and had to call Marriott to complain.

myperks Feb 5, 21 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33017360)
I have made the mistake multiple times thinking I was booking with points but then when I go back to look online it says I used one of my certs via the app and had to call Marriott to complain.

All award reservations say ďa certificate has been attachedĒ whether you use a stay certificate or points.

Historically, stay certificates cannot be booked on the app. The only way to do it is via a web browser (which can also be on the mobile site). What you said seems to be completely opposite (even with Marriottís IT system). Having said that, if you do book on mobile site or web browser, cert eligible booking will show up as a payment method first and you need to click down to use points instead of a certificate.

WScottsdaleInsider Feb 5, 21 1:58 pm

Doesnt look like in the new app you can viewing individualized points earning for past stays. Before you'd see how the balance is broken down of base points, elite bonus, 1,000 points, any promotions etc. Now it's all combined in one amount.

MaxFlyer Feb 6, 21 12:29 am

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider (Post 33018742)
Doesnt look like in the new app you can viewing individualized points earning for past stays. Before you'd see how the balance is broken down of base points, elite bonus, 1,000 points, any promotions etc. Now it's all combined in one amount.

I can still see the breakdown for past stays. You have to click through to the stay and drill down.

escape4 Feb 7, 21 7:10 am

Is there anything improved in the new app or should I keep the old one?

Kacee Feb 7, 21 9:29 am

Originally Posted by escape4 (Post 33021409)
Is there anything improved in the new app or should I keep the old one?

You can now retain search preferences (number of guests and rates).

I dislike the interface intensely and wish I could go back.

SPN Lifer Feb 7, 21 10:37 am

Sometimes it pays off not being an early adopter. 🤠

Kacee Feb 7, 21 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 33021741)
Sometimes it pays off not being an early adopter. 🤠

Unfortunately my iPhone is set to autoupdate apps. Overall I prefer that, but occasionally there's a downside.

myperks Feb 7, 21 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33021619)
You can now retain search preferences (number of guests and rates).

I dislike the interface intensely and wish I could go back.

Pre-update iOS retained rate preferences as well... (not sure about number of guests)

Sohan Feb 7, 21 9:49 pm

Personally a fan of the new UI. Don't use the app for much other than requesting house keeping or doing quick searches in a bind.

escape4 Feb 8, 21 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Sohan (Post 33022839)
Personally a fan of the new UI. Don't use the app for much other than requesting house keeping or doing quick searches in a bind.

Yes but we already had that with the old app. I am perhaps not the best judge on how to allocate corporate resources but given current issues it sounds like there would have been better uses of Marriott IT manpower than rolling out a new app which does almost everything the same but looks different :confused: