FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Bonvoy App down? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2026804-bonvoy-app-down.html)

DELee Feb 3, 21 6:40 am

no change to any totals for me at least in the app - just checked.

good luck!

David

itisme Feb 3, 21 7:58 am

Finding the new app very messy. Improvement in 'graphics' doesn't mean easier/handy.

MaxFlyer Feb 3, 21 12:31 pm

Still not able to search for hotels in New York even in the updated app. So frustrating.

cmd320 Feb 3, 21 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 33013237)
I went from 9-9-9 Silver-Gold-Plat to 27, 18 and 9... which means I would've first made Silver when I was 5. Sweet!

No but seriously, can we just tip that tenth year over, please?

khabah

Well apparently Iíve been silver more years than Iíve been alive so there really should be some kind of extra-special gift for that...

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 33014135)
Still not able to search for hotels in New York even in the updated app. So frustrating.

Havenít all the NY hotels gone bankrupt at this point?

SPN Lifer Feb 3, 21 6:08 pm

Settings >> About This App >> Version 9.32.0

No problems here.

ymx Feb 3, 21 8:10 pm

Just updated to the new iPhone app. Despite the fact that they made the UI more in line with typical UI with navigation icons at the bottom, the entire UI seems pretty rough compared to the prior version.

Anybody else having trouble locating their free night certificates in the new app update?

ymx Feb 3, 21 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ymx (Post 33014982)
Anybody else having trouble locating their free night certificates in the new app update?

Seems the Free Night Certificates section was delayed and now it is showing.

Marriott15 Feb 3, 21 11:05 pm

My issue with the app is it always wants me to use my certificates instead of points. I can't book a stay on the app for points if I have certificates available. I have to long into it through a website

myperks Feb 3, 21 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33015190)
My issue with the app is it always wants me to use my certificates instead of points. I can't book a stay on the app for points if I have certificates available. I have to long into it through a website

i donít think Iíve seen anyone report having that problem because historically you canít book cert stays on app, always only available on desktop. Even with the app update, I canít book certs stays on the app.

loyalStarwoodfan Feb 4, 21 12:50 am

Lifetime stats missing

Updated to new app version on iOS..canít seem to find how to display lifetime stats, only nights for this year showing..any pointers?

enelym1978 Feb 4, 21 5:19 am

Originally Posted by loyalStarwoodfan (Post 33015300)
Updated to new app version on iOS..canít seem to find how to display lifetime stats, only nights for this year showing..any pointers?

It's under "Account" -> then unde the big night count, there is a LT status, click on "View Progress" and scroll all the way down.... but that's when it becomes completely off....
It displays:

Years as Silver, Gold or Plat 23
Years as Gold or Plat 14
Years as Plat 5

Which is completely wrong for me, it should be (as displayed correctly on the desktop website):

Years as Silver, Gold or Plat 9
Years as Gold or Plat 9
Years as Plat 5

So it seems the app just adds all the years together (9+9+5=23) which is hilarious and then 9+5 to get me LT Gold or Plat :rolleyes:

Good luck....

enelym1978 Feb 4, 21 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer (Post 33014135)

I did some random search and it looks fine.... did some March 2021 and June 2021 and it returned plenty of results.

MaxFlyer Feb 4, 21 6:11 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 33015507)
I did some random search and it looks fine.... did some March 2021 and June 2021 and it returned plenty of results.

The issue for me at least, is just with New York via the app for any date. I can search via the website fine.

cmd320 Feb 4, 21 7:28 pm

Todayís update seems to have corrected the excessive lifetime year issues.

Marriott15 Feb 4, 21 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 33015197)
i donít think Iíve seen anyone report having that problem because historically you canít book cert stays on app, always only available on desktop. Even with the app update, I canít book certs stays on the app.

I have made the mistake multiple times thinking I was booking with points but then when I go back to look online it says I used one of my certs via the app and had to call Marriott to complain.