Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Carmichael - Autograph Collection, Carmel, IN [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

I didn't see a master thread for the Hotel Carmichael, a new Autograph Collection in Carmel, Indiana (a suburb on the North side of Indianapolis). We checked in on Sunday. As a Platinum Elite, I was upgraded to an Executive Suite which is about 800 square feet with a separate living room and bedroom along with a full bathroom and half bath off the living area.

Breakfast is either a continental breakfast daily or you can do a $10 credit per person off the regular menu at breakfast. Most of the entrees are $13-$14, so that's what we've been doing and the food has been excellent.

Free parking on site, so that is super nice. Overall, very satisfied with the hotel and I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:51 pm

What an interestingly strange property. New build, looks structurally almost as if built off a limited-service footprint (e.g. Springhill, Fairfield, etc.) and then adorned with every piece of gaudy trim, gilt, and finishings that could be found in a several-state radius. I haven't been to Carmel, and didn't realize that it was some sort of planned-build utopia. I wonder what their target customer is? Either way, for anyone who needs to be in North Indy, looks like a shiny new option and a welcome alternative to those dumpy, tired properties around Keystone Crossing.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I stayed here the first week of opening. Hotel was at capacity with several wedding parties in house. Upgraded to a 2 room suite. Great room, quiet, clean, comfortable. Could not hear any of the wedding parties.

Used lobby bar and bar downstairs in restaurant. Lobby bar has a music tradition either I think at 5 where someone sings or something music related as this is the hotel’s theme.

Located in Carmel city center plaza with a very small outdoor mall surrounding. Art center next door. Kind of an odd location, not much around. Also, their rack rate is ridiculous. Renaissance about 10 min away is about $150 less per night
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Stayed here again this week. Very clean, quiet and great customer service. Still a few misses. Amenities ordered on app still not in room upon arrival. One elevator of 2 still not working
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Staying here later this month mid-week. Any recent experiences - Elite treatment, food options, neighborhood, etc.?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Had a great stay at this hotel this past week. Great location, walking distance from many shops, restaurants, etc. The hotel has its own theater with evening entertainment, along with lots of nice touches, like a player piano in the lobby.

Best part of my stay - got complimentary upgrade on arrival to one of their Presidential Suites (see photos below). Very welcoming staff. The restaurant has a posh French theme, so opportunity for crepes & French press coffee for breakfast. Chose the breakfast benefit, which covered a continental breakfast - and paid the upcharge for hot food (but - never said this before - it was worth it). Also took the $10 F&B credit for a welcome gift, and put that toward the upcharge. Restaurant doesn't open until 7:00am (really late for me), but for one morning when I had to leave the hotel early, I was able to place an order in advance and have it ready before 7:00am for me to pick up and take back to the room. I could have done room service at 6:30am, but the breakfast benefit wouldn't have applied.

Room photos:

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Great review and nice arm shot.

David
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, National Executive
Great stay - 12/16/22

A little delayed getting this posted, but we had a fantastic stay at this hotel mid-December. I had booked three rooms (2 king rooms and 1 queen/queen) as we were traveling with family, and also requested connecting rooms to be close to the kids. They were able to get two of the rooms connected and the third literally across the hall. They also gave each room 2 credits for breakfast ($12 per person) and the $10 F&B credit. They also gave us 4 PM checkout for all 3 rooms.

The property itself was fantastic, as it has been in prior visits, and all the staff were very kind and helpful.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.