Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New status challenge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
YOU’RE PLATINUM Welcome to your new Elite status. Marriott Bonvoy™ Platinum Elite status is yours for the next 90 days. Now stay 15 eligible nights* — instead of the usual 50 nights — by November 25, 2020, to keep your status until February 2022.

that was quick
Ah so it is in fact 90 days exactly. The previous status matches generally gave you 3 calendar months plus the remainder of the current month. So, for instance, if you applied on Sep 6 you’d have until Dec 31 to complete it. So it’s slightly tougher in that sense but you get an instant match rather than having to wait until after you’ve qualified.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
anyone had any recent approvals? I sent mine in but haven't had the quick turnaround experience like Mauibaby2008
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Ah so it is in fact 90 days exactly. The previous status matches generally gave you 3 calendar months plus the remainder of the current month. So, for instance, if you applied on Sep 6 you’d have until Dec 31 to complete it. So it’s slightly tougher in that sense but you get an instant match rather than having to wait until after you’ve qualified.
I'm booking a 15 day getaway starting the beginning ofNof since I have no clue when I'll actually be approved. If I'm not approved I'll just cancel.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Between suspending individual Ambassador service and laying off Ambassadors, permitting Ambassador Elites to gift Platinum and now mapping mid-tier statuses from competing programs to Platinum, it’s almost as if Marriott wants to devalue the appeal of its program, and swell the ranks to set Platinum up for a massive devaluation.

This doesn’t look good.

khabah
MSPeconomist and anteater like this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:55 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Can an existing Bonvoy Gold match to Platinum under this scheme?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by khabah
Between suspending individual Ambassador service and laying off Ambassadors, permitting Ambassador Elites to gift Platinum and now mapping mid-tier statuses from competing programs to Platinum, it’s almost as if Marriott wants to devalue the appeal of its program, and swell the ranks to set Platinum up for a massive devaluation.

This doesn’t look good.

khabah
Yes, I may push for Titanium this year as there will be a lot of Plats next year. They may devalue Plat simply by volume of members at that status level.

Ambassador frankly doesn’t look worth it all, and I’d never hit that spend as a leisure traveller with my resources. Anyone staying 100 nights a year may be better served by aiming for Hyatt Globalist and a lower Bonvoy tier.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
anyone had any recent approvals? I sent mine in but haven't had the quick turnaround experience like Mauibaby2008
haven’t got mine as well
Old Aug 29, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
There will be more Plat in Thailand.

latest local promotion from Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park is only 999++ THB/night (~38 USD net).

For platinum challenge you need to do 15 nights which is equal to 38x15= 945USD. That’s it.

you got platinum until feb 2022.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Can an existing Bonvoy Gold match to Platinum under this scheme?
Yes. That's what I did. Waiting for approval.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Yes. That's what I did. Waiting for approval.
Cool. I have a dozen or so nights coming up tentatively for November/December that I could throw Marriott's way so am likely to go with this. No end date on the promo means wanna hold my nerve for a while though..
Old Aug 30, 2020, 3:54 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Cool. I have a dozen or so nights coming up tentatively for November/December that I could throw Marriott's way so am likely to go with this. No end date on the promo means wanna hold my nerve for a while though..
You just have to juggle the 90 day limit vs the need to register before they close off the matches.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:26 am
NoY

Originally Posted by markis10
You just have to juggle the 90 day limit vs the need to register before they close off the matches.
Absolutely....tick...tick......
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I'm looking for data points if anyone else has heard back yet other than Mauibaby2008...if I get confirmation and status gets upgraded, I'd definitely be booking some stays with Bonvoy for the next 1-2 weeks or so lol.
(I submitted on Thursday late evening ET)
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I'm looking for data points if anyone else has heard back yet other than Mauibaby2008...if I get confirmation and status gets upgraded, I'd definitely be booking some stays with Bonvoy for the next 1-2 weeks or so lol.
I’m also still waiting to hear back. Submitted request early Friday (UK time).
Old Aug 31, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I’m also still waiting to hear back. Submitted request early Friday (UK time).
I think they may be backlogged at this time since the status match is instant once approved. I'm waiting too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.