Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mattress Annual Choice Benefit Option (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat

Typically I’d jump on the Suite nights but with mine unused the year and getting away from Marriott anyway was thinking this is next best option and serves a need I have. My wife’s been looking and the St Regis bed is probably what we’d get. They show it 20% off over last couple months, probably it’s always 20% off....so is the 40% on top of(probably not) or am I basically getting 20% off(might not be enough vs. Suite nights).

wondering too if they have bigger sales near year end making the 40% worth nothing. Whose used this benefit or bought a mattress without it?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:07 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
It’s max. 40% off, it isn’t stackable with other promotions.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Make sure you check out this thread about common discounts for beds offered to anyone, it is recent and basically says that 30% promotions are fairly regular: Buying Sheraton Bed (EUROPE - ITALY) from Sheraton Hotel Store

Hence you may find that the 40% discount isn't such a great deal (really is 10%), unless you want to buy the bed immediately and lock it in - this is why most people on FlyerTalk seem to take the Suite Night Awards/Upgrades (SNA), that are currently valid till the end of 2021.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I used the 40% off coupon a year or two ago. Agree with comments above. It is not stackable, and 20-30% sales are common. So really an extra 10%
But if no other annual choices make sense, might as well grab the extra discount.

Bed purchase was fine overall. Good delivery and I have slept very well.
SPN Lifer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I used the 40% off coupon a year or two ago. Agree with comments above. It is not stackable, and 20-30% sales are common. So really an extra 10%
But if no other annual choices make sense, might as well grab the extra discount.

Bed purchase was fine overall. Good delivery and I have slept very well.
I noticed that the higher end hotel brands offer less discount (10-15%), but low-end brands offer more (25-30%).

My wife wants a firm mattress. I gave her the different hotel brands’ names that we stayed this year. But she could not tell me the preference (Sheraton, Le Meriden, Marriott, Luxury Collection, Tribute Collection). Will stay at JW soon.

Marriott (brand) hotels offer two types of mattress, foam/box spring and innerspring. The higher brands offer the former type except for JW.

Which type/brand of mattress would you recommend?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:31 am

Mattress for choice benefit?

I'm in the market for a king bed and as I was selected my choice benefits for this year I remembered that 40% off any Marriott brand mattress is an option. Is this a good value compared to just buying a high-quality mattress through normal channels? Any favorite mattress brands (Marriott brands or otherwise)?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:58 am

we did this this year with the LC mattress and it's the best decision i've ever made. strongly, strongly recommended - just super comfy. and was very easy to buy from the store (altho we did have to call)
rucksack and reggiekush like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:10 pm

....we are on our second W Mattress purchase.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
There are normal sales / promotions on the Marriott mattresses, so the 40% off is more like an additional 10% off a regularly available "sale" price. Note that the promotions don't stack, so 40% is off the regular price.
But I am very happy with the JW mattress I purchased numerous years ago. Easy process, and high quality bed.

Last edited by goodeats21; Dec 27, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G