Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buying Sheraton Bed (EUROPE - ITALY) from Sheraton Hotel Store

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Sheraton Bed (EUROPE - ITALY) from Sheraton Hotel Store

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Thumbs up Buying Sheraton Bed (EUROPE - ITALY) from Sheraton Hotel Store

Been looking to buy a Sheraton Bed for some time and at the moment they have a deal - spend 5000€ - save 2000€

My Q is simple - is there likely to be a better offer at Xmas / New Year? Been looking for some months and this is a good deal (but way more expensive than from US) - the really annoying thing is paying 900€ in shipping on top which is massive in my view

Has anybody bought recently from Sheraton Hotel Store? Is service OK in Europe? Should I wait for a potentially better deal / what's been the best deal over the years?

Many thanks if someone can help
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Been looking to buy a Sheraton Bed for some time and at the moment they have a deal - spend 5000€ - save 2000€

My Q is simple - is there likely to be a better offer at Xmas / New Year? Been looking for some months and this is a good deal (but way more expensive than from US) - the really annoying thing is paying 900€ in shipping on top which is massive in my view

Has anybody bought recently from Sheraton Hotel Store? Is service OK in Europe? Should I wait for a potentially better deal / what's been the best deal over the years?

Many thanks if someone can help
Spend 5000€ - save 2000€, so the bed cost 3000€ plus 900€ shipping? That sounds way too expensive for a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I certainly wouldn't pay that much.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
Spend 5000€ - save 2000€, so the bed cost 3000€ plus 900€ shipping? That sounds way too expensive for a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I certainly wouldn't pay that much.
Correct. 200x200 all in with everything. Its steep but I love the bed. (Roughly) 5000€ + 900€ - 2000€ is ball park calculation and it really is the shipping that annoys me
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Hotels at Home is the company that sells merchandise for Marriott. It appears that their European office is in Paris. Perhaps contacting them directly could help.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:43 am

Don’t forget that European customs may assess import duties and VAT on top of the price during customs clearance.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Don’t forget that European customs may assess import duties and VAT on top of the price during customs clearance.
That would of be another 30% lol.
Op: Get a Danish Jensen bed and your bed will be even better than any of Marriott's. I've never looked back after I got my Jensen signature J6. No bed in any hotel can beat my bed
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
(I think) Simmons is the company producing mattress for Sheraton ...

Simmons Italia

Via Desio, 47/49
20813 - Bovisio Masciago (MB)
Tel. +39.0362.6481

if you are in Italy (me too) maybe it could be better to ask them ...and save money also
terminalfive likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Another thing to look at is Marriott gift cards. They can be used at the Marriott shop. The recent 25% off gift cards would have been a nice extra discount. Maybe they will do it again.
SPN Lifer and terminalfive like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:38 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
The beds are sold and sent from France, so no extra VAT or duties applicable unless you are outside the EU.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Dav77 thanks for your suggestion will look into that
uibd didn't think of the gift card- that would make a difference
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:57 pm

To see if the Sheraton bed has a history of going on sale, you can archive.org to visit previous snapshots of the page and check the price that way. I don't have enough posts to paste the link, but if you go to archive(dot)org and search for sheratonstore(dot)com, you should be able to see previous versions of the page. It takes a little patience as the archive can be slow. The old adage that past results don't equal future performance definitely applies, but at least you can understand the general sales cycles and use that to predict if the price will go down in the future.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Having watched their sales regularly (on the US website) and just double checked my email, I'd note the following promotions that you can interpret how you wish, but seems to be at least 30% as a standard expectation, who knows with COVID what that could mean this year:
  • 30% off, approximately every 6 months in recent years
  • Fixed 1500USD off beds - every 2 months, recently
  • Smaller amounts: 20-25%, free shipping, regularly
  • Christmas 2019: 30% off / USD750 discount on bed
  • Christmas 2018: 30% off
  • Christmas 2017: 35% off
  • Christmas 2016: 35% off
Depending on status, you can guarantee a 40% discount on your 50 nights benefit (noting you may have just got promotion nights towards this in the past day or two): Save 40% on a bed from your favorite hotel brand.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:37 am
Original Poster

awardflightsco you taught me something new! Great checked and often 30% discount appeared / couldn't find more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.