Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Amex Business Credit Card [General Discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
For new applicants, the 15 elite nights should post within days of receiving the card.

History of sign-up bonus offers for new cardholders below. There may be others not recorded here:
  • ~9/22/2022 100k points on $4k spent. Expires 11/2/2022
  • 7/22/2022 125k points on $4k spent. Expired 8/31/2022
  • 9/2021 125k points + 2 free night certificates (50k)
  • 6/2021 75k points + $150 statement credit
  • 5/2021 100k points + $150 statement credit
  • 10/2020 100k points + $150 statement credit
  • 2/2020 80k points + extra 1x points on up to $30k spent in the 1st year. Also $150 in hotel reimbursement
  • 9/2019 100k points + $100 statement credit
  • 7/2019 95k points
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Amex Business Credit Card [General Discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Gold member and 15 nights away from being Plat this year. I applied and was approved for Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card to take advantage of the 15 nights and 5 free nights. I also have the Ritz Visa for many years.

From what I have been reading, I need to wait 2 years to apply for Amex Marriott Business card. Is this correct or could I still apply and get the card for the 15 elite nights and spending bonus. Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Gold member and 15 nights away from being Plat this year. I applied and was approved for Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card to take advantage of the 15 nights and 5 free nights. I also have the Ritz Visa for many years.

From what I have been reading, I need to wait 2 years to apply for Amex Marriott Business card. Is this correct or could I still apply and get the card for the 15 elite nights and spending bonus. Thanks!
AMEX will allow you to apply for the business card but you are not eligible for the bonus. Depends on how much those 15 nights are worth to you
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
I wish I had jumped on this when the sign-up bonus was 125k points vs the current 74k. Any idea when the next promo will be?
I added a list of past offers to the wikipost above. I'm also interested if they offer 125k before the end of the year.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
I added a list of past offers to the wikipost above. I'm also interested if they offer 125k before the end of the year.
The previous commenter who suggested a late Sept promo was correct. I was able to get in on the 100k point offer valid until November. I was approved pretty quickly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Long Distance
This explains the "Amex Biz Card Member Rate" that I saw today. This is NOT an additional discount (i.e., you can't make a reservation using the AAA rate and then receive an additional seven percent off).

I just recently applied for this Business card, when doing a search, it defaults to "Amex Biz Card Member Rate", I want to see points values and a search does not show them in the initial page, just $, I have to click on each specific property to see points value. How can I remove this? (and yes, I have unchecked the box for rate and checked the points box)
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I just recently applied for this Business card, when doing a search, it defaults to "Amex Biz Card Member Rate", I want to see points values and a search does not show them in the initial page, just $, I have to click on each specific property to see points value. How can I remove this? (and yes, I have unchecked the box for rate and checked the points box)
As far as I could figure out, you have to be logged out to get rid of the business card rate as the default. It just doesn't seem right...
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by joeags
As far as I could figure out, you have to be logged out to get rid of the business card rate as the default. It just doesn't seem right...
Annoying
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:25 pm

I am considering apply for the Bonvoy Business Amex card, specifically to receive the 15 elite night credits. However, I already received 15 nights this year from my Chase Bonvoy Boundless card. Am I eligible to get another the 15 nights from the Business Amex?

The wording off the website makes me think the answer is ‘no’, but I wanted to ask FT’s finest before I give up hope!

From the AMEX website:
“A maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits will be provided per Marriott Bonvoy Member Account, unless you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card account; or, you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card account. Then, you may receive a combined maximum of 30 Elite Night Credits (15 per Card account). If you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card account, you may receive a combined maximum of 40 Elite Night Credits (15 Elite Night Credits as a benefit of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Business Card account plus 25 Elite Night Credits as a benefit of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card account).”
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:59 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand
I am considering apply for the Bonvoy Business Amex card, specifically to receive the 15 elite night credits. However, I already received 15 nights this year from my Chase Bonvoy Boundless card. Am I eligible to get another the 15 nights from the Business Amex?

The wording off the website makes me think the answer is ‘no’, but I wanted to ask FT’s finest before I give up hope!

From the AMEX website:
“A maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits will be provided per Marriott Bonvoy Member Account, unless you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card account; or, you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card account. Then, you may receive a combined maximum of 30 Elite Night Credits (15 per Card account). If you have both an open Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express Card® account and an open Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card account, you may receive a combined maximum of 40 Elite Night Credits (15 Elite Night Credits as a benefit of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Business Card account plus 25 Elite Night Credits as a benefit of an eligible Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card account).”
Hello OldAsiaHand,

We appreciate your inquiry. If you have both a consumer credit card account and business credit card account, you will receive 15 Elite Night Credits for each account.
kevino, SPN Lifer and OldAsiaHand like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand

From the AMEX website:
I have boundless and business and received 30 nights this year.

If your Boundless is over 24 months old you can get both the Business and Brilliant card and get 40 nights per year
kevino and OldAsiaHand like this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Can anyone confirm that you NEED to check-in with the Amex Bonvoy Biz card to get the 7% discount rate? Would international Marriotts even know of this card's existence?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tajador
Can anyone confirm that you NEED to check-in with the Amex Bonvoy Biz card to get the 7% discount rate? Would international Marriotts even know of this card's existence?
You get the 7% discount when you book the room on the Marriott.com website. When you log into your Bonvoy account, the site knows that you have this card and you'll see the 7% discount offered.
kevino, SPN Lifer and Tajador like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:21 am

Reporting back. I have the Bonvoy Boundless. Applied for and received the Business AMEX. When I checked my Marriott profile two days later, the additional 15 nights had already posted. The confirmation email was received on the third day.
Thanks to all for the accurate advice!
kevino and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
Any guesses if the SUB will increase by the end of the year? Need the 15 EGN by EOY but the 100K offer ending tonight isnt as enticing as the previous 125K offer and I'm a bit constrained in spend now so wondering if its worth the risk to wait for future offers.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by whitecastle
Any guesses if the SUB will increase by the end of the year? Need the 15 EGN by EOY but the 100K offer ending tonight isn't as enticing as the previous 125K offer and I'm a bit constrained in spend now so wondering if its worth the risk to wait for future offers.
If I were you, I'd take advantage of the 100k now. 25k points difference isn't a big deal to miss out on, and status jump is worth more than 25k points, especially if you're going from Gold to Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.