Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Two Program Enhancements Announced 15 Jun : Pointsavers and Head Start on Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Program Enhancements Announced 15 Jun : Pointsavers and Head Start on Status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Just checked my account and the right number of nights have been added. Was pleasantly surprised they got added to lifetime total too (wasn't sure if that would happen or not) as fingers crossed I will get lifetime platinum next year. I had hoped to get it this year until all of my reservations were cancelled.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jpdx
I guess I'm just at a loss to understand how a mistake like this could even happen.
In a normal, rational, competent world you are of course correct. I also don’t understand how this can happen when I’m lifetime gold and have qualified as Titanium (or 75-night equivalent) for the last seven years reliably.

To detect my status from the lifetime field rather than my actual status field is insanely sloppy.

I’ve not suffered from the most heinous IT errors during the merger so this may be *my moment*.

Anyway, it’s apparently not just me so that’s why I’m patient to see if they fix it without intervention.

And, anyway, despite being over 50 nights now I could not pick my Choice Gift either.

Fun and games. Something to distract us during this difficult period.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:44 am

I earned Platinum in Jan of 2019 via a Plat Challenge, apparently this does not count and although my status has been extended through to ‘22, and if Plat was earned in Feb of 2019 onwards via any means (qualifying night, challenge, gift) I would have received the 25 nights, but instead I just received the 13. Seems very unjust, and possibly incorrect?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I earned Platinum in Jan of 2019 via a Plat Challenge, apparently this does not count and although my status has been extended through to ‘22, and if Plat was earned in Feb of 2019 onwards via any means (qualifying night, challenge, gift) I would have received the 25 nights, but instead I just received the 13. Seems very unjust, and possibly incorrect?
Don't worry MAR will adjust the T&C with respect to this promotion to align with the limitations of their IT function.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:12 am

Angry

Originally Posted by X-ON
Don't worry MAR will adjust the T&C with respect to this promotion to align with the limitations of their IT function.
Yes I’m quite sure!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Titanium qualification in 2019 and Lifetime Gold and they just credited me with 25 nights not 38 both for the year to date and lifetime nights.

What do we think? They will fix this obvious IT error without further prompting or we have to get on to support already?

It can’t only be me.
Lucky you, you're not alone in this - exact same situation here. I gave it a night to see if the additional 13 nights got credited later on, but roughly 12h later we're still at +25.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:14 pm

Haven't received the promo elite nights yet... should I contact marriott or wait?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pointsifu
Haven't received the promo elite nights yet... should I contact marriott or wait?
Wait.. A lot of my friends haven't as well. I got mine tonight.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I got mine .... correct 50 nights.

Now wait until the IT system catch up and sending those annual 50 and 75 nights choice benefits.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
38 for this Titanium. Add 15 nights for CC. And the 1 night I've stayed. That's 54. Just finished a 2 night stay. That will be 56. Might actually hit 75 by end of year, but no way I'll reach 100 in the current environment. I wouldn't hit the spend requirement anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:43 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by nequine
Just checked my account and the right number of nights have been added. Was pleasantly surprised they got added to lifetime total too (wasn't sure if that would happen or not) as fingers crossed I will get lifetime platinum next year. I had hoped to get it this year until all of my reservations were cancelled.
Congratulations!

Posted for me too & the missus got her 5 nights for being a Silver!

nequine likes this.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jul 12, 2020 at 9:28 pm
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by arjen05
Lucky you, you're not alone in this - exact same situation here. I gave it a night to see if the additional 13 nights got credited later on, but roughly 12h later we're still at +25.
So, this is a systemic error. Titaniums being credited with 25 rather than 38 nights. No funny business about my Titanium qualification in 2019. Each and every one was a night in a room. Lurkers, can we report this one back through your channels please?

On a brighter note, I am now able to make my 50-night choice and the 5 SNAs (JW Phu Quoc Turquoise Room here I come) have already been credited.
arjen05 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I got credited this afternoon sometime 38 nights, and my lifetime nights went up accordingly. Years status remains the same sadly, stuck at ten, should be twelve or thirteen now. Have 69 nights, but was not able to make the 50 night selection, perhaps tommorow?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I completed the Platinum challenge in late November 2019. I am a Lifetime Gold. Today, this afternoon I received 25 extra nights into my account and these nights were also added to my Lifetime nights.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ftrichard
So, this is a systemic error. Titaniums being credited with 25 rather than 38 nights. No funny business about my Titanium qualification in 2019. Each and every one was a night in a room. Lurkers, can we report this one back through your channels please?

On a brighter note, I am now able to make my 50-night choice and the 5 SNAs (JW Phu Quoc Turquoise Room here I come) have already been credited.
I don't think this is systemic. I'm pretty sure DELee got 38 nights and he was a Titanium in 2019. David, mind confirming this for me and Richard again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.