Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Two Program Enhancements Announced 15 Jun : Pointsavers and Head Start on Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Program Enhancements Announced 15 Jun : Pointsavers and Head Start on Status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

From Insiders FB page.Hey Insiders! Marriott Bonvoy has two program updates to share today, and we wanted to announce them to you here, first. If your email address is connected to your Marriott Bonvoy account, you’ll receive an email with more details soon.

#1 – We’re offering all members off-peak redemption rates on bookings made from June 15 – June 30, with stay dates through July 31. The off-peak redemption rates are available on over 5,500 properties across our portfolio. So whether you’re staying close to home or venturing farther, you’ll be getting our lowest redemption rates of the year. Go ahead and explore here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem/hotel-redemption.mi. 😉

#2 – Given the disruption in travel plans for so many this year, we’re giving elites a head start toward achieving your next status level by depositing 50% of the Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into your account based on your 2019 earned Elite status tier. The credits will hit your account in late July.

We’re looking forward to traveling again and thank you for your loyalty
Brendan, renila, SPN Lifer and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: Yes
I really hope the “earned” is considered paid stays (and not promo or CC nights), otherwise there will be a surge of new elites at all tiers (sans Ambassador Elite).

Titanium will be the new Gold / Platinum. Goodbye upgrade space, ha.

Last edited by anteater; Jun 15, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:35 am

I am hoping they would let rollover nights again.
Edit: Based on reports from blogs, it seems the nights credit is based on your status and not your actual 2019 number of night.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by guear
I am hoping they would let rollover nights again.
Edit: Based on reports from blogs, it seems the nights credit is based on your status and not your actual 2019 number of night.
It would be nice if there will be rollovers going forward. With this generous new promotion, I'll be at 50 EQNs. Looks like I'm going to easily hit Titanium before the end of 2020.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Do the elite night credits also apply towards Annual Choice Gifts?

38 nights for being a (lifetime) Titanium, plus 15 for the credit card, would already put me past 50, without a single butt in bed night.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
Do the elite night credits also apply towards Annual Choice Gifts?

38 nights for being a (lifetime) Titanium, plus 15 for the credit card, would already put me past 50, without a single butt in bed night.
I think one of the blogs said yes!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Oh thats very good. I'm at 52 nights this year and titanium so 75/2 =37. 52+37=89 aka i'm done for the year :P Thank you marriott. I'll promise not to complain about your lousy promotions next time for one time only :P

Rollover would be nice tho to keep people motivated to staying at marriotts rest of year...
ryw likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
This is completely pointless for titanium and ambo elites. If anything this hurts their most loyal titanium’s by helping more people rank up while doing nothing for their top elites. I get zero value from this so called gift of nights as ambo still has a $20k spend requirement which I have less than zero chance of making so I will remain stuck at titanium status while potentially competing with more newly minted elites out of this so called gesture

they should have done something Else for titanium and ambo elites
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by itisme
Oh thats very good. I'm at 52 nights this year and titanium so 75/2 =37. 52+37=89 aka i'm done for the year :P Thank you marriott. I'll promise not to complain about your lousy promotions next time for one time only :P

Rollover would be nice tho to keep people motivated to staying at marriotts rest of year...
given Marriott extended your status to 2021 how did you benefit as a titanium? You were not going to loose your status
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I echo Nuhusky's comments about how it would be nice if something was done for existing Titanium and Ambassador Elites, but in Marriott's world of take-take-take, this is a good step. Also a good move: the Bonvoy insiders have confirmed that the elite night credits gifted to members will count towards lifetime status.

khabah
renila, MDFFlyer and ryw like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium//JAL Global Club//HH Diamond//United 1K
They're actually somehow generous, and giving Titaniums 38 nights instead of 37
SPN Lifer, beltway and ryw like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
This is completely pointless for titanium and ambo elites. If anything this hurts their most loyal titanium’s by helping more people rank up while doing nothing for their top elites. I get zero value from this so called gift of nights as ambo still has a $20k spend requirement which I have less than zero chance of making so I will remain stuck at titanium status while potentially competing with more newly minted elites out of this so called gesture

they should have done something Else for titanium and ambo elites
Hard to say right now if you're really going to be competing against more Titaniums because there is no guarantee that everyone is going to be travelling at the same time. Furthermore, no one knows what the recovery will be like. If people are travelling with OPM on business, they're probably going to stay grounded even if they're a newly minted Titanium.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah
I echo Nuhusky's comments about how it would be nice if something was done for existing Titanium and Ambassador Elites, but in Marriott's world of take-take-take, this is a good step. Also a good move: the Bonvoy insiders have confirmed that the elite night credits gifted to members will count towards lifetime status.

khabah
I read that too. That's very generous of Marriott. Now if only they reintroduce rollover nights to give people an incentive to spend more nights at Marriott properties and bring back lifetime Titanium.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium//JAL Global Club//HH Diamond//United 1K
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
I really hope the “earned” is considered paid stays (and not promo or CC nights), otherwise there will be a surge of new elites at all tiers (sans Ambassador Elite).
Unfortunately, from the comments by Marriott I think it'll be based on the status u have in 2019 regardless of how it was earned. So if someone has platinum in 2019 regardless of how many nights they have, they would have an additional 25 nights.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by khabah
it would be nice if something was done for existing Titanium and Ambassador Elites
yep
Given the disruption in travel plans for so many this year, we’re giving elites a head start toward achieving your next status level by depositing 50% of the Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into your account based on your 2019 earned Elite status tier. The credits will hit your account in late July.
I would love to see Hyatt do this, so I could make Globalist this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.