Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which status would I become if I have both Amex Platinum & Chase Bonvoy Boundless CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which status would I become if I have both Amex Platinum & Chase Bonvoy Boundless CC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Question Which status would I become if I have both Amex Platinum & Chase Bonvoy Boundless CC

Hi, I currently have US Amex Platinum CC which gives me the Gold Elite Status on Marriott Bonvoy. I'm planning to apply a Chase Bonvoy Boundless CC, as I understand this card only gives Silver Status. My concern is, would this new CC downgrade my status from gold to silver after I apply? Thank you.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It shouldn't but Bonvoy IT might mess it up and this could be a fight to fix.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
I assume you'll be adding the CC for nights etc, so you don't have a choice but to take the risk I assume? If it wipes the gold, you're entitled to get it back so you'll just have to fight.

Perhaps call up instead to explain the situation and maybe they'll be able to manage it with less hassle.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Marriott Bonv°y IT is bad, but they are unlikely to be that bad. (!)

If by some unbelievably poor coding you were downgraded, I would think it would be fairly simple to call AmEx and have them take care of it for you.

"I am an AmEx Platinum card holder, but for some reason I do not currently have Marriott Bonv°y Gold Elite status."

There should be no reason to worry about this until or unless they fail.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ericmc
Question Which status would I become if I have both Amex Platinum & Chase Bonvoy Boundless CC
Someone with two credit cards?

David
karenkay likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:36 pm

You'll have the higher status of the two (so Gold).
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.