Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Will Free Night Awards be Extended Beyond Jan 31, 2021?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Free Night Awards be Extended Beyond Jan 31, 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Update: It took a while, but my cancelled certificate was replaced with one with a one year expiration. Unlike my prior call, I spoke with a very helpful agent on Friday who added notes to the case that should have made it clear that the only prior extensions to my certificate were due to the conversion and Covid and not any special requests.
margarita girl and jch636 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: marybethhebert
Originally Posted by rny321
Update: It took a while, but my cancelled certificate was replaced with one with a one year expiration. Unlike my prior call, I spoke with a very helpful agent on Friday who added notes to the case that should have made it clear that the only prior extensions to my certificate were due to the conversion and Covid and not any special requests.
Can you tell us what # you called? I think a lot of us are going to run into similar issues and I'd like to try to get a vacation package extended before the rush. I can't find anywhere I want to go that will let us in, and who knows whether that will change in time to travel before 8/1/21? Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by respectfulhelper
Can you tell us what # you called? I think a lot of us are going to run into similar issues and I'd like to try to get a vacation package extended before the rush. I can't find anywhere I want to go that will let us in, and who knows whether that will change in time to travel before 8/1/21? Thanks!
I called 800-399-4229 which is the Titanium number. Unfortunately, the automated system may transfer customers to reservations instead of a group where representatives are more familiar with these certificates. If given an option to state why you're calling, say "travel certificates" which should get you to someone that is able to help. Although your certificate might get extended, I wouldn't plan it happening unless all certificate holders are given a new expiration date. I believe that I only got an extension because my certificate was cancelled by a Marriott agent. Although I remember at least one poster here stating that a replaced certificate was issued with the original expiration, the default is a year from the reissue date.

Last edited by rny321; Mar 29, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.