Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
Seriously, $1100++ for a 10 minute seaplane ride? STR transfer price is expensive enough and it's much further away where a speedboat transfer is not an option.

I understand you can book the speedboat option for $730++ which is what most would do, but the gall to ask for $1100++ for the seaplane...
Since very few will probably choose that option, Trans Maldivian has lost likely priced it expecting to operate with just one room booking per flight, and having to operate the plane empty in the other direction. Someone needs to pay for that. And it will not be Trans Maldivian.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
the cost of the sea plane transfers I've always felt are super high and probably the reason why I stuck with the Sheraton Moon for our trip a few years ago. But dang, $1,100 per pax is mind-blowing for a 10 minute flight.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I'm amazed at the buzz this property is generating on FT. My take on it is that it has a ton of negatives going against it...
  • Its located on a dredged up artificial island, forget about any sort of reef or snorkeling. Maybe there was a shoal or sand bar there and they dredged one side to "save" the backside reef but doubtful if you see how this sort of thing is done.
  • It shares the artificial island chain with 2 other resorts. I believe they are connected by piers.
  • No elite recognition, no free breakfast, etc. $150+ breakfast for 2 daily unless you have a breakfast rate.
  • Grossly overpriced transfers
  • North Male Atoll (most damaged by human activity of the atolls). Scuba diving was pretty poor 3 years ago, its only worse now.
I'm going to boldly predict this will be a category 7 property within 2-3 years catering to mainland Chinese "tour groups" on consolidator rates.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since very few will probably choose that option, Trans Maldivian has lost likely priced it expecting to operate with just one room booking per flight, and having to operate the plane empty in the other direction. Someone needs to pay for that. And it will not be Trans Maldivian.
The seaplane isn't going to go there just with the RC passengers and go back. They will completely fill up the seaplane and RC will be the first stop and then proceed to other resorts where they will drop off other pax and then pick up yet others for the return.

When I went to STR the seaplane had zero empty seats with only 6 of us heading to STR. We made stops at 2 other resorts to drop off passengers. They know how to maximize these trips.

That fee is just not justified IMHO.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
The seaplane isn't going to go there just with the RC passengers and go back. They will completely fill up the seaplane and RC will be the first stop and then proceed to other resorts where they will drop off other pax and then pick up yet others for the return.

When I went to STR the seaplane had zero empty seats with only 6 of us heading to STR. We made stops at 2 other resorts to drop off passengers. They know how to maximize these trips.

That fee is just not justified IMHO.
True true true. Same when I went to St R. Forgot to think about that.

Maybe it is just priced to discourage that option. Tbh with the check in time etc for the seaplane, and based on my experience with the yatch transfer at the Waldorf, it will probably be quicker to do the speed boat transfer than the seaplane anyway.
friedablass and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
I'm amazed at the buzz this property is generating on FT. My take on it is that it has a ton of negatives going against it...
  • Its located on a dredged up artificial island, forget about any sort of reef or snorkeling. Maybe there was a shoal or sand bar there and they dredged one side to "save" the backside reef but doubtful if you see how this sort of thing is done.
  • It shares the artificial island chain with 2 other resorts. I believe they are connected by piers.
  • No elite recognition, no free breakfast, etc. $150+ breakfast for 2 daily unless you have a breakfast rate.
  • Grossly overpriced transfers
  • North Male Atoll (most damaged by human activity of the atolls). Scuba diving was pretty poor 3 years ago, its only worse now.
I'm going to boldly predict this will be a category 7 property within 2-3 years catering to mainland Chinese "tour groups" on consolidator rates.
Is it getting a lot of buzz? I don't think it is, think most on here are disappointed. I would have liked a Ritz Maldives to be more "exclusive" - maybe a luxury collection can fill that void. But unless I'm amazed by pictures and reviews after it opens, I'll probably stick with returning to the STR.
spgplat21 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
Is it getting a lot of buzz? I don't think it is, think most on here are disappointed. I would have liked a Ritz Maldives to be more "exclusive" - maybe a luxury collection can fill that void. But unless I'm amazed by pictures and reviews after it opens, I'll probably stick with returning to the STR.
I feel the same way. It would have been a great option that doesn't require a seaplane transfer, but the way things look now, it doesn't look promising at all and is not in the running for me as an option on my next trip.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the reservation department of this hotel please? Thank you.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the reservation department of this hotel please? Thank you.
[email protected]

This is the only email I could find, hopefully it works. Pretty quiet thread for a property opening next week lol.
Football Fan likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Football Fan
[email protected]

I had to cancel my stay over the opening period as the Maldives made the U.K. red list, sadly.
Football Fan likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by ALGU
[email protected]

Pretty quiet thread for a property opening next week lol.
I guess it just looks to be really bad value compared to the other properties Marriott has in Maldives. Lack of breakfast rules it out for most on points and judging by the pricing of the seaplane there aim is to overcharge for everything even by Maldives standards. StR it will continue to be for me!
3rdworldresident and WasKnown like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I guess it just looks to be really bad value compared to the other properties Marriott has in Maldives. Lack of breakfast rules it out for most on points and judging by the pricing of the seaplane there aim is to overcharge for everything even by Maldives standards. StR it will continue to be for me!
Yeah, seems a little underwhelming pre-opening. I would think Ritz would try to out do or match WA at least on the hardware, but the base rooms are roughly half the size. The few positive aspects I’ve seen is option for speedboat OR seaplane, 24/7 butler, and windows can be fully retracted to combine outdoor and indoor living spaces.

Stumbled upon the resort map and room distribution here. Surprised that there’s only 6 categories of rooms including the Presidential suite and two bedrooms. Perhaps they’ll later subcategorize?

Villa categories

Resort Map
Old May 24, 2021, 7:15 am

Surprised that there’s only 6 categories of rooms including the Presidential suite and two bedrooms. Perhaps they’ll later subcategorize?
To add on this, if anyone is coming here. Seems like a free ask to move to a sunset view for those villas on the lower half of each resort section. Wonder why they didn’t already categorize these as a higher category sunset view.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, seems a little underwhelming pre-opening. I would think Ritz would try to out do or match WA at least on the hardware, but the base rooms are roughly half the size. The few positive aspects I’ve seen is option for speedboat OR seaplane, 24/7 butler, and windows can be fully retracted to combine outdoor and indoor living spaces.

Stumbled upon the resort map and room distribution here. Surprised that there’s only 6 categories of rooms including the Presidential suite and two bedrooms. Perhaps they’ll later subcategorize?

Villa categories

Resort Map
The WA standard villas are certainly not 300 sqm. While I never looked at the specific size, I'd warrant a guess that 150 sqm is probably same same. But I guess it depends on what they include in the measure.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:25 am

To add on this, if anyone is coming here. Seems like a free ask to move to a sunset view for those villas on the lower half of each resort section. Wonder why they didn’t already categorize these as a higher category sunset view.
For the OWVs the lagoon villas are the ones with sunset views. The beach villas though don't have a separate category but it could be that the view is partially or fully blocked by foliage so you couldn't see from within the villas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.