Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott bonvoy do status matching?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Will Marriott match status? (General Discussion)

Hi all, quick question about status matching and Marriott. I've been an IHG platinum or Spire member since it was called Priority Club (at least a decade). I'm interested in switching to Marriott, but obviously I don't want to start over. Some brief internet research doesn't turn much up on the topic so I figured I'd ask here. Is this something that can be done? If so, who do I contact to get started?

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:39 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You might want to check out the Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread. But in general, I don't think Marriott does direct status matches any longer (but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.)

Last edited by hhoope01; Feb 27, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
You might want to check out the XXXX thread. But in general, I don't think Marriott does direct status matches any longer (but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.)
Yeah that isn't a bad option. I'd want to make sure I could still go beyond platinum if I met the criteria, but I don't see why that would be an issue. Thanks for the link.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

I've asked this question to Marriott customer services but they don't seem to know the answer. Does anyone know whether Marriott bonvoy does status matching, in particular to IHG Spire Elite?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Do you want to match from (rather than to) IHG Spire Elite? I'm not aware of any active campaign, but you could always ask.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:02 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Not that I am aware. They have a platinum challenge though. There is a thread on there in this forum.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Yeah, they sent me an email with the challenges.

I want to status match from IHG Spire Elite to whatever the equivalent Marriott bonvoy tier is. I guess they don't do status matching at the moment, only challenges.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by rumbataz

I want to status match from IHG Spire Elite to whatever the equivalent Marriott bonvoy tier is. I guess they don't do status matching at the moment, only challenges.
They've only done challenges for a while. With only a little bit of humor... I'd probably say Spire is the equivalent of the Gold status I get with my Amex. I haven't stayed at an IHG property in over 2 years and my Spire status won't go away. I'm not sure what it takes to lose IHG status, so I would really hope Marriott wouldn't consider just matching it.
SPN Lifer and obunewbie17 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rumbataz

There are very few freebies in hotel status. You have to qualify and complete a challenge usually...
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There are very few freebies in hotel status.
But IHG Spire is one of them.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
But IHG Spire is one of them.
IHG Spire is both:
  1. useless
  2. requires a challenge, not a straight match, unless you work for a specific targeted company (or scam an appropriate email address)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.