Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott-specific Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This is the consolidated Marriott related Coronavirus Discussion thread. For general travel related Coronvirus discussions/information check out the newly created Coronvirus and Travel forum.

Marriott has released an official statement concerning the Coronavirus: https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com/ See post #116 (thanks Intl359Widget) in this thread for more details.

Print Wikipost

Marriott-specific Coronavirus Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newshound
Being based in Asia this is having a massive impact. My organisation and many others have indefinitely banned any Intra-Asia travel since late Jan. I believe Bonvoy members based in Greater China have had status extended through 2022 but for the rest of us it is likely to be very difficult to renew status this year.
Is there some sort of announcement on this? As a Bonvoy member living in Greater China I haven't seen anything in my email inbox.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
On the contrary - this is the best time to book a cruise.
I agree! I am currently on a 12-day cruise from Auckland to Sydney. The cruise commenced on February 14th. Anyone who flew from or transited Hong Kong, Macau or Mainline China since February 1st was denied boarding and provided a full refund. I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise but be cognizant of your travel routing for embarkation and the Cruise Lines policy.

James
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If your username checks out, then I can imagine you are meticulously disinfecting your mucous membranes in order to minimize the risk, of course!
yes indeed, the st Regis in BKK was very accommodating 😀
arlflyer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
All of our work travel postponed indefinitely. For me that's 6 nights in UK, 3 nights US west coast, and 10 nights HK/mainland for Feb/Mar.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:34 am

Just cancelled our 35nights trip to Hainan island via Hongkong in May.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
My trip to Sydney (probably 6/7 weeks worth) keeps getting pushed back.......
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Work trip to Singapore cancelled (was supposed to leave Friday). Likely to cancel our personal trip to Tokyo and Kyoto. At the moment have a trip to Dubai at the beginning of April, will see if that sticks.

Have had a couple of domestic trips and a few more in plan and don't have any immediate reasons to cancel the domestic travel (for small meetings) but the international travel is getting greater scrutiny from me going forward in addition to large scale domestic conferences that have lots of global attendees.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Heading to Mexican Riviera in a few weeks so my corona will be in bottle form
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
So far, I cancelled 5 nights in Marriott NanShan in SZ, and 5 nights in the new hotel Renaissance in NNG. More cancellations to come if COVID-19 is not contained soon.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
More liberal cancellations would be ideal. Two bookings in Bali were cancelled despite the prospects the holiday will continue. No issues with capacity one way or another. I normally don't arrive without a hotel but the risk of a full hotel is zero.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:32 pm

I have a three week trip In April I'm cancelling. Was supposed to be hopping between Taipei, Seoul, Bangkok, and Tokyo. Taiwan has imposed a quarantine on everyone coming from Korea, Japan and Thailand have a high number of infections, and the trip has basically fallen apart. I also have a 6 week trip in July to Australia, Germany, and Thailand, but at the pace of the current spread I think that might end up cancelled too.

I'm not overly risk adverse -- I'm healthy and young and I'm about as scared of this virus as I am of the flu -- but the IRROPS and travel restrictions are making it really difficult.
osotoc likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
After CX canceled my departure flight from ICN, I was able to contact Marriott to cancel my pre-paid Seoul hotel reservation (Four Points) with a full refund and no fee. Titanium line was very helpful.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yeah, already cancelled a SIN stay and we'll have to see how things evolve. With LT status not too much concern other than SNAs.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:58 pm

South Korea trip in April was just cancelled (work related)

India is still on for May.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Yeah I'm about to reconsider all my travels right now for the rest of the year. Hope Marriott can show good will by the end of the year.
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.