Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

For a Limited Time: Buy Points and Get a 50% Bonus, ends March 25 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For a Limited Time: Buy Points and Get a 50% Bonus, ends March 25 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
How long until the bonus 25k hit your account?

I have the same issue with the base 50k deposited, but not the bonus 25k.
Took about 36 hours from the time base until the bonus posted for me.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Took about 36 hours from the time base until the bonus posted for me.
Thanks for the info
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As a friendly reminder, today is your last chance to buy points under this deal.

Marriott could undoubtedly use the interest-free loan.

When announced, I was planning to purchase the maximum. However, given the current fiscal, medical, and situational uncertainty, I think I will pass.

It looks like Marriott got Bonv°yed by Covid-19.
Brendan, lsquare and Kaloz like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I decided to pass as well given all the uncertainty.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
As a friendly reminder, today is your last chance to buy points under this deal.

Marriott could undoubtedly use the interest-free loan.

When announced, I was planning to purchase the maximum. However, given the current fiscal, medical, and situational uncertainty, I think I will pass.

It looks like Marriott got Bonv°yed by Covid-19.
I agree. I'm not purchasing any points given the uncertainty the industry faces as a whole at the moment.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Exchanging real money for funny money is questionable during the best of times and these are not the best of times, to put it mildly.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Is it not a 3rd party involved selling these points and there is a time lag before receiving points and making payment? I would not create a claim versus a counter party that might go bankrupt even if it was a 300% bonus
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Exchanging real money for funny money is questionable during the best of times and these are not the best of times, to put it mildly.
I think it's been stated that there are good redemption opportunities, but given the uncertainty that the industry faces, this is not a good time to be hoarding points. Also, a lot of hotels are closing down right now.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I bought 8K +4K bonus points on March 21 for $100. As Mirror74 #12 writes and I found weird, I got the 8K on March 22 & the 4K on March 23. I bought only to top off my account for B4G1 award rooms I hope to use in July if COVID-19 subsides by then.
SPN Lifer, X-ON and margarita girl like this.

Last edited by Brendan; Mar 28, 2020 at 11:55 am
Old Mar 28, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: Miles&More
No clue, why people think this was a good deal. 300 USD for 36K points is not cheap. For that money I can buy a stay and get points + a stay night.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
In pre-Bonvoy days, it was a good deal IMO, as I often could get at least 1c out of each point. Nowadays I call it a so-so deal. It worked for me to buy a small amount to top off my account for a B4G1 stay.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vanheslig
No clue, why people think this was a good deal. 300 USD for 36K points is not cheap. For that money I can buy a stay and get points + a stay night.
I bought the points and used them to stay at a property I previously reserved at over $1000 USD a night. You don’t know why people think it’s a good deal because you’re thinking about redeeming relative to a $300 rate, instead of a rate near or exceeding $1000 where the max redemption rate of the program creates outsized value.
Old May 11, 2020, 2:36 pm

60% bonus coming May 18! I do need to top up my account again... but how much to buy? ummmm

Oops I hit my 50K purchase limit earlier this year XP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.