Wiki Posts
Search

Extended stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, BA, Virgin
Extended stay

Anyone have experience negotiating on an extended stay in London, UK? Was looking at a couple of the Residence Inns for a 6 month stay July-December and dropped the revenue manager an email, revenue manager's offer was around 3% lower than what the ordinary Marriott hotline quoted. Is that supposed to be a good discount, or should I be pushing for more, given that booking through the hotel's revenue manager rather than online would mean I would forgo close to 100k Avios from the BA estore?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Residence Inn I’m not sure. I once asked a GM of a Meridien to lower their rate for two weeks, and he gave a 20% discount and threw in daily breakfast.

Perhaps try to ask the GM?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:09 pm

Honestly, this isn't really a matter that anyone here is likely able to shed useful light upon. The pricing for a given property would be a function of the specific dynamics of its given market, customer segments, etc. For example a property which experiences very peaky demand with big price spikes would not necessarily benefit from having inventory tied up for significant periods of time. The days of oversupply in every market and driving occupancy as the end-all are gone.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:11 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I emailed 4 hotels in Seoul for a long term rate. Only 1, the most expensive of the group had a long term rate that was better than what I could book on the app. They actually give 20% discount beyond that (Plaza if anyone is wondering).

If someone knows the secret to getting these great rates, I would like to know.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no secret. You have to call around and temper your expectations. Email is a terrible way to do this. Some places may not give much of a discount, but might offer a F&B credit. Others might do something else. Yet others might offer a larger discount with no earnings.

You won't know until you engage and email is a bad way to do that.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Starriott website sometimes shows longer term rates, especially for extended stay properties. Start there and then try to negotiate a deal that works for your situation. Given that the property offers breakfast for everyone, do you need a kitchen or would some other non-extended stay place perhaps work better, for example if the room has a coffee maker and small refrigerator or if you get lounge access.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I did a 3M+ (Aug through Nov) stay in in London UK when I was relocating to London. I did BRG for all the nights. 90% of the nights was at the Alof Excel ( I work at Canary Wharf) The rest at Moxy Stratford/Excel (residual days when Aloft was pricey or full). I managed to get a monthly cost between 1.9K-2K GBP.
I did this to be able to pocket the rest of my relocation allowance, as it turns out when I got an apartment the monthly cost was pretty close to the aforementioned amount not that I could have stayed in a hotel any longer was pretty sick of it by then.
I had to put a lot of effort into the BRG process but hey it earned me around 6K GBP tax free which can be used to more fun activities such as vacationing with the family.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:32 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Negotiating extended stay with hotels

Dear All,

I am seeking advice for an extended stay with a Marriott property (e.g. 3 months)
Has any had any experience dealing with such a scenario and has any tips for me?
Am looking for a full-service Marriott hotel with a club that I can hold meetings. Location: DC
TIA
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Here's a recent similar thread with some limited responses: Extended stay
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:22 pm

I needed a room for 90 days in Maryland for a RI-like place. I shopped several chains, but none offered much of a discount. However, in Maryland, there is not any tax charged after the 30th day of a continuous stay.as it is considered a residence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.