Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Worcester, MA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 2/7 - 2/8

Location: The hotel is located towards the north part of Downtown Worcester. It's an easy walk to Worcester Polytechnic's campus as well as the art museum. Around the hotel are a few restaurants you can easily walk to (The Fix Burger Bar is especially good) and you're right off I-290 so it's easy to get to Boston. The drive from Logan takes between 50 minutes and an hour depending on traffic.

Hotel: A typical older style Courtyard though in good repair. There's a nice sized lobby with a separate bistro area and full bar plus a business center and an outdoor pool. The bartender actually made great drinks and the lobby was a very pleasant place to relax in. There's also the standard little sweet shop.

Check In: We arrived (needing two rooms) at 1:30 PM and none were ready. I was a little surprised that not even one was ready at 1:30 PM on a Friday in Worcester but there it is. Thankfully both rooms were ready an hour later. I was offered a choice between points and a F&B credit as my Titanium welcome gift as well.

Room: The room could use some renovation. it's an older design where the bed faces the window and there's an awkwardly placed TV, desk and closet. The bathroom was also old though the shower did at least get very hot. Soundproofing unfortunately is awful. I'm sensitive to noise and I could hear every voice in the hallway, every clank of the elevator (I was right next to it) and every sound from the street despite being on the third floor.

The hotel is okay but it's aging, I'd probably look elsewhere if I was in Worcester again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.