Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Raleigh, NC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Aloft Raleigh, NC [Master Thread]

I can't seem to find an existing thread on this property - moderators please merge if I've missed it.

I completed a one-night stay at the Aloft Raleigh last weekend en rte from RDU to the Wilmington area. I originally planned to stay at the Sheraton downtown but in another thread Marriott15 suggested I give this hotel a try. As a Titanium I was upgraded to a "Savvy Suite" - you walked into a typical aloft room, and then there was another living area about equal in size to the bedroom area. It was all open and the living area had relatively little furniture but it was a good place to sit. The room looked directly out on the NC State Bell Tower.. there was some street noise but not too bad, and I did not hear anything from other rooms.

Parking is now $10/nt as of Jan 1st. I parked on the street in front of the hotel for $3 on the meter.

I selected the breakfast benefit at check-in - I almost never stay at alofts so not sure what the usual routine is, but here a very friendly guy was cooking food to order, everything from breakfast sandwiches to waffles to egg dishes and other specialties. There was no clear limit on breakfast, across my wife, son, and I we had a couple of sandwiches and a few other items like yogurt and fruit, and none of it was charged. Coffee is free for everyone. Additionally, the wxyz bar has around 8-10 beers on draft, several local, they were $6-7, and plenty of nice places to sit including an outdoor area. In general all of the staff were very friendly.

I didn't spend much time here but did walk around Hillsborough street, there's plenty in walking distance. My son and I went to Player's Retreat for dinner, I wanted something casual and this worked well - lots of other little kids on a Friday evening and plenty of background noise to cover up his various lego car crashes. Good burgers and beer and very reasonably priced.

I drove through downtown Raleigh on my way out and went past the Sheraton and didn't feel that I had really missed anything by not staying there. The aloft area was pretty lively and I would stay there again.
jwlowry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.