Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Grand Goa, Luxury Collection Resort & Spa - India [ Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release:

The Luxury Collection Unveils Its 13th Opening With ITC Hotels | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"The Luxury Collection® Hotels & Resorts today announced the opening of ITC Grand Goa, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, on Arossim beach in Cansaulim, South Goa. The resort’s village-styled architecture draws inspiration from the region’s Indo-Portuguese heritage, blending classical elegance with a distinctive regional allure. The Luxury Collection’s hotels across India are renowned for their award-winning dining options, and ITC Grand Goa is no exception, offering six signature dining experiences that bring to life the colors and flavors of the destination. The 252-room resort will also feature expansive indoor and outdoor meeting & banquet spaces as well as a spa showcasing time-honored Indian wellness principles through a curated menu of treatments and services. Set amongst 45 lushly-landscaped acres, with direct access to the pristine Arossim beach, ITC Grand Goa embraces the captivating culture of Goa.

Guestrooms and suites feature private outdoor spaces with balconies or patios providing picturesque views of the Arabian Sea, lush gardens, lagoons as well as a multi-level swimming pool...six signature dining venues, including: Kebabs & Kurries, showcasing traditional Indian styles of cooking; Tempero (Portuguese: Seasoning), featuring distinct influences in Goan cuisine; Ottimo, featuring regional Italian cuisine; and Pavilion at the Market Place, an all-day dining venue blending Indian and inventive international cuisines. Guests can soak in panoramic views of the Arabian Sea at The Royal Afghan, a seaside barbecue and grill, and enjoy the finest indigenous and international spirits at Farol (Portuguese: Lighthouse), a multi-level poolside bar.....The hotel’s indigenous 36,000 sq. ft. spa., Kaya Kalp, The Royal Spa, is set amidst the tranquil environs of the resort and features 16 spa suites and signature treatments that infuse traditional Indian and international therapies.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...t-and-spa-goa/

No exec lounge. Currently no category listed yet.

"Nestled in serene south Goa, amidst lush 45 acres of landscaped gardens, swaying coconut palms and shimmering lagoons - the ITC Grand Goa Resort & Spa (erstwhile Park Hyatt Resort & Spa Goa), with direct access to the pristine Arossim beach, provides all the ingredients for an invigorating or intimate relaxed getaway. This beach-side, village-styled resort's architecture draws inspiration from the Indo-Portuguese vintage and blends classical elegance with a distinctive regional allure that's infused in its service, cuisine, rituals and more - promising a truly immersive experience. The resort offers 6 signature food and beverage outlets along with multiple outdoor & indoor venues for bespoke banqueting, special events and weddings. Spread across 36,000 sq. ft of tropical bliss , Kaya Kalp - The Royal Spa weaves its own brand of magic on mind, body and soul. The state-of-the-art fitness center is open 24 hours geared to meet all lifestyle and fitness goals. The swimming pool is also a delightful surprise."
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:12 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for sharing, Sharon. This ITC was, until quite recently, the Park Hyatt Goa—until an ownership squabble led to the change in ownership and concomitant management switch to ITC. In case anyone was wondering.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
FYI - ITC holds the trademark for LC hotels in India.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was hoping to stay here in Feb, but the cash prices seem awfully high for India! Waiting to see what category it gets assigned to. Hopefully nothing higher than a 5.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Hotel is now showing up as a cat 6. Seems a bit ridiculous since the W is a 5!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:18 pm

I‘ve been there 2017 to burn my last Hyatt points. Great beach and very good for families and Indian weddings. Nice to have it in the chain because my two young boys loved it. Without children or an Indian bride I would probably think twice about staying at this place.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I thought the pictures look familiar. I really didn’t like the Park Hyatt I prefer the grand Hyatt

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks for sharing, Sharon. This ITC was, until quite recently, the Park Hyatt Goa—until an ownership squabble led to the change in ownership and concomitant management switch to ITC. In case anyone was wondering.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Anyone have any recent experiences here? Any reports of how they treat elites?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
Anyone have any recent experiences here? Any reports of how they treat elites?
I stayed in September. Booked a lagoon view room and was upgraded to a sea view suite on the ground level. Keep in mind that the entire property sits well back from the beach, so the sea view, while nice, was a bit distant. Also, it was low season and the place was not crowded, so that likely helped with the multi category upgrade. Breakfast for elites is a full buffet with a very wide mix of Indian and western foods and a selection of made to order items (omelettes etc.).

I stayed at this property several times when it was a Park Hyatt, and they seem to have stepped up their game a bit. The restaurants in particular are better. We really enjoyed the Italian place (Ottimo), and that's saying a lot from someone who lives near a large number of great Italian restaurants.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
I was there in September as well.

My review is here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31516879-post7.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.